Which Day Of The Week Do You Like The Best And Why

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Krissttina Isobe, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*I like only some of the shows on adultswim like Akame Ga Kill, One Piece, Dragon Ball Z and Naruto. I know what you mean, so I just watch the Sat. ones on adultswim.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think that I have a favorite day anymore. Back when I was working, then the days that I was off work were always the ones that I looked forward to; but now most of the days are about the same.
    Both Bobby and I look forward to the days we go to the fitness center, and I love the swimming and relaxing in the hot tub; but none of those days is actually any better than any of the other days.
    I don't watch television; so that does not determine a favorite day, either.
    Sometimes, on weekends, Robin comes over, and I always look forward to seeing her; but that does not happen on any kind of a regular schedule,to make it a favorite day.

So........can I just say that I like them ALL, and the ones that have beautiful blue sunny skies, and not too cold or too hot, are the ones that I like best of all ! !
    Days that I can go outside and play in the yard and garden. Days that I can get out the weed eater, or the rototiller, and just enjoy being out in the yard, and having FUN in my life.
    I think that it was Tuesday that it was 74 here.
    I went outside, and planted the tulip bulbs, filled up the bird feeders, scattered sunflower seeds for the squirrels and the doves, and just pretended that Spring was here.
    Yes......that was a favorite day, all right.

Ruby Begonia and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not too bothered about days of the week as I tend to work when I feel like it or more likely, on the rare occasions I have some inspiration. I must admit that I enjoy Sunday evenings a great deal more than I used to. Sitting down with a bottle of Italian wine and watching Italian football on telly without having to think about getting up early on Monday morning, especially when it's cold and dark, feels like a truly guilty pleasure.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

THANKS, Joe!
    In reading your reply here, you just reminded me that I needed to change our bed linens this afternoon. Wife told me last night, after we hit the bed, that the sheets needed to be changed. They are feeling a little dirty. So, this morning I got a new set out of the closet, laid them on the bed, but completely forgot about them until I read your post here.
    Golly, I love seniorsonly.club forum!

Anyway, I'll add this to this Thread: My favorite day of the week is Friday night thru the weekend. We generally go out to dinner and breakfast someplace. I love Waffle House's Ham & Cheese Omlete and their great hash browns........good coffee to. On weekends during the colder winter months of Florida, it's watching NFL, recordering NASCAR race and watching some PGA. Now, during most of the summer months, we're out on our boat just cruising around or at the Rifle & Pistol Range. Yes, our summer months can be very active for us.

So, here it is Friday afternoon, pay-day for my wife and Super Bowl Sunday this weekend.
    "Let the party begin"!!:D:)

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

There's the term TGIF which applies to me. Since the next day is a weekend, 2 days of respite from work, Friday has been my favorite day ever since I started working. When I was younger, I would sometimes join my colleagues for a night out of dinner and endless chat. We go to restaurants but there are times in one of our houses. But when I moved to another office, that habit had ceased especially when I married. Saturday is the best for us to go on a trip so we still have the Sunday for a rest. And Fridays would be filled with excitement when there is an upcoming trip on the next day.

Note: This wekeend, our trip out of town is on Sunday. We will be climbing the Taal Volcano.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

All days are the same to me, except there is a sort of ghost of a feeling from my work days that the weekend is a time for relaxing more, I have to look at the calendar some days to find out the day or even the week we are in ;)

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:)I like Naruto, One Piece, Samurai Champloo and Dragon Ball ZKai right now and miss Bleach. :D

8. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

I like weekdays better than weekend now since we're retired. It's less crowded to run around and get things done.

Terry Page likes this.
  9. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I agree @Karen McKenzie weekends can be madness if you go shopping, weekdays are much quieter and here most restaurants give a 20% discount on weekdays which is an added bonus. :)

Ruby Begonia likes this.