Which Day Of The Week Do You Like The Best And Why

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Krissttina Isobe, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

A day I like the best aside of all the rest of the week is Saturday. I like Saturday because adult swim cartoons are on the Toon channel and I can watch them all night long without disturbance. I can really disconnect with the world and just watch television and relax watching Toonami on Sat. I got to clean our home too, but that gives me exercise that I need. So what's the day you like and why do you like this day?

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

In retirement, days are not required to wear name tags. Tuesday becomes "wash the yellow towels" day, Wednesday becomes "Change the bed" day, Thursday becomes "Put out the garbage" day, and Sunday becomes "Change the pillowcase" day. .....and then there's the "Soup of the Day"!:eek:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I love Sunday. It's the only day of my week that is slightly routine. Sundays are different than any other day of the week. I don't watch any TV during the week except the upsetting world news. But on Sundays, I enjoy my morning quiet time and then at 9am the CBS "Sunday Morning" show which is fun, sometimes serious, intriguing, and enlightening…a hodgepodge of real life special interest stories. I always learn something.

Then it's an hour of "Face The Nation" which are political interviews followed by a panel discussion….not at all stressful because it's low key and well done. I have the rest of the afternoon to do whatever is happy. No errands. No shopping. No cleaning. No paperwork. Just get out and enjoy the sunshine and do an hour of exercise (walk or swim) or dabble in the arts. After dinner "60 Minutes" comes on. I don't always watch that.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Sunday because it's the only day I'm don't have to work for a living... :D

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Wednesday is a favorite day for me. It seems the world out there is quieter, on Wednesdays.;)
    [​IMG]

6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I would have picked yesterday as my favorite if I had won the lottery but I didn't. Tomorrow might be my favorite but I just don't know yet. So for the time being I'll pick today as my favorite.

7. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't really decide between Saturday and Sunday because both have their own little perks that make me happy.

Then I realized that there's always hope in a Monday... and Fridays are nice, too.

So.... can I choose four of the 7? :)

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Since I retired I come to love Mondays. On weekends, too many people are out running amok. And weekend TV sucks, less you like sports, and I do not.

9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm like Ike!

The only time I do like the weekends are when I'm visiting family because they are off and we do different things.

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

We will have to order you a "I'm Like Ike" button, Chrissy!;)

11. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

I've always liked Wednesdays best, even back when I worked. In retirement, it's just the perfect easy-going day for me .. seems the most laid back day in my world.

12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I know, it's not the first time I've said it either. :)

13. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Wednesday, one of my 2 days off work. Everything is open for business and it breaks up the work-week.

14. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

tmp_6201-master-shake_00044524-1715666589.jpg
    Krissttina, you watch Adult Swim? Lol, I haven't seen it since I got rid of cable in favor of streaming TV. I only liked "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", but wow, it could get very " adult", sometimes too much even for me. But it was also hilarious! I'll be able to see it on You Tube I'm sure. My favorite was Shake....

Krissttina Isobe and Joe Riley like this.
  15. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ruby Begonia , Now just what is 'Adult Swim'? Hmmmmm?

Ok @Ike Willis , many of us know next to nothing of sports, but that will not stop us from having a Super bowl 50 party. The guys that do know something of the subject, could be nice and answer some of our questions on the game. This party could be fun and informative to all of us, and you truly can't be any worse than I.

Like @Bonnie Thomas , I'm a Wednesday person too. M & T are catch up days, and T & F are getter done days before the weekend, and weekends are for if maybe someone comes over. So generally Wednesday's are my chill days, and I so like to do that.