Where Would You Retire If You Could Live Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Kevin Matthew, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of my dreams has been to take a Caribbean Cruise ! I think that would be just SO much fun, and a once in a lifetime experience. Just a 3-4 day one would be perfect.
    Although the idea of a cruise ship where you could live year aroiund sounds awesome; I think that I would actually get tired of that kind of a life.
    I enjoy having a home with a yard, being able to have my little garden, and putter around outside when the weather is permissive of doing that.
    I have lived in the country most of my life, and sometimes, I miss being out of town, having a few chickens, a milk goat, and my horses and llama. However, I know that I am just not physically capable of doing all of those things that I enjoyed in my younger years, and it is not a good retirement plan for me. Just keeping up with what we have here seems to be a full-time occupation for both Bobby and myself.
    Still...... sometimes, the ocean beckons me .....

2. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Our kids recently took us on a seven day cruise to St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We was a great time but by the fifth day I was ready to come home. I could never live on a ship year round.

3. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

You will also need big bucks to venture on this ship. image.jpg

4. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I could live in Sri Lanka quite happily. The climate is good (if one avoids the worst of the humidity), the country is scenic and the food is phenomenal (and largely vegetarian, so ideal for me). There is a plethora of wildlife and lots of birdwatching to be done. My only quibble is that their beer is a bit rubbish...