Where Will You Be Eating Christmas Lunch

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Holly Saunders, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

UPDATE:
    It is just the two of us. We did up a 3 lb Butterball Turkey breast, with bag to make the gravy. Had mashed potatoes and green beans....with Pillsbury Crescent rolls. Nothing fancy, everything turned out quite good! ....and YES, I did the dishes! We've had a wonderful Christmas Day! Thanks for asking.

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I have had my Christmas dinner. We had Christmas with my son and his family
    We had pasta with small white beans, better than I imagined, BBQ'd chicken,
    mashed potatoes, oven fried peppers, cheese scheiche, hot dinner rolls, cake,
    and a pie, a small glass of wine for those who ocassionally partake, coffee,
    Italian style, and good water. There were a couple of italian dishes I coundn't
    pronouce or spell but were tastee. Needless to say I won't step on the scales
    in the morning.

Grandson and granddaughter livened up the conversation. He a college student,
    and a declared math major, will be leaving for Maimi and the Orange Bowl on
    Wednesday and is excited about that. She the fifteen year old doesn't care much
    for school but carries a A average and is a dancer with a great deal of experience
    for a fifteen year old. She threw me a curve the other day when she said she was
    working last Saturday and Sunday nights in Oklahoma City at the OKC Thunder Basketball
    game, dancing in a bubble and posing for photographs with guests and attendees.

It's been a good day.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Wonderful!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Meanwhile, back at the North Pole.....

[​IMG]

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like just the day you needed..good company, fab food... and great conversation

6. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

I am home stuffed with munchies to much brought some home not much as I would be tempted to eat it!

Bill Boggs and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Tex Dennis

Registered

Other than breakfast food is not a discussable subject today! I am still full.
    For sure tomorrow's fishing trip should have some new snacks onboard, I'M TELLING MY GUESTS ALL TO BRING SOMETHING my tummy might feel different tomorrow!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We had a very peaceful and enjoyable Christmas Day, too. Bobby got up early and put the turkey on to roast, and we finished up the final parts of getting the meal ready yesterday, and Robin arrived around noon.
    We spent the afternoon setting up the new laptop and getting me used to using on again. It has been 7-8 years since I have actually used a computer and not an iPad, and even though this is a touchscreen laptop, it is still a Windows Dell, and nowhere near as simple as using my iPad .
    It was just a nice day spent together, and we all had plenty of food to eat, and sent some of everything home with Robin last night.
    It is actually a litttle warmer here today, and that is nice , too.

9. Tex Dennis

Registered

I had an interesting time with 18 ladies when the menfolk there all seemed to have to watch sports reruns, I hate watching sports rather interact with others or be outside doing something.

Holly Saunders and Lulu Moppet like this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I am just about to cook Duck with Cherry & Hoisin sauce.... for me. Hubs is a vegetarian so he'll be having some of the baked Salmon from yesterday...

Bill Boggs likes this.
  11. Tex Dennis

Registered

One thing for sure there will NOT be any ham on the menu soon 3 days in a row were enough.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Because my wife has this sinus cold/infection/allergy thing, and I got a little bit of an upset stomach yesterday, we decided to cancelled our ham and mash potato Christmas dinner yesterday. Heck, we didn't even open the gifts under our tree until this morning.