Where Were We Before Cell Phones And Selfies?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

There are places with cellphone jammer. But I know that it is illegal unless your company is authorized by law (you need a permit for that). One place that installed a cellphone jammer are the racetracks. Their reason is so the illegal bookies cannot make transactions inside the racetrack. But since almost everyone is using a phone and is dependent on the phone, the racetrack was forced to remove their cellphone jammer otherwise their customers will go away.

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

Where Were We Before Cell Phones
    -00df4b9c3fb1e1b7.JPG

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We were in a lake resort the other day with the family of my sister. Starting in the highway near the destination, we were already stopping to do some pictorials. The slightly zigzag highway is picturesque because the lake can be seen below. There were 7 of us and I noticed that everyone was with their cellphones except my husband who is using his digital camera. The ratio is 6 to 1 in favor of the cellphone. That ratio will be greater as time pass by since the resolution of the cellphone's camera is equivalent to that of the digital camera (in fact, my new cellphone has a better resolution than the 10 megapixel digital camera of my husband.

So where will the cellphone be in the near future? Maybe people cannot live without a phone fo communication and for pictures and videos.