Where The Advertising's Going

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Take a gander at this advertisement. Seems to me, the industry is fully aware of public "suspicion", having seen the various revelations about pond-raising, claims of "Wild Caught", and labeling deficiencies. OTOH, every can of tuna I've opened lately, being "Chunk Light", whatever that means, looked exactly like the "suspicious" view!

Sort of a double-negative approach: Admit to having "bad" around, in order to garner "no bad" belief. Frank

[​IMG]

Mari North likes this.
  2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I've not been able to buy the "other" stuff anymore since I started using the albacore. There's really a huge difference. I find the ad kind of strange because as far as I know, Bumble Bee still sells the "other" stuff that would most likely look like the "suspicious." I'm not sure that was good advertising unless they really have switched to selling only albacore.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I think it unlikely they will not continue to sell all varieties. I do not appreciate advertising tactics which may easily be seen as misleading to the consumer. I always heard the "white albacore" tuna was the most desirable, but why, I don't know, then later read it was the type typically found to have the highest mercury content. Albacore is, of course, the most expensive variety, I believe, but we rarely buy it, for that reason.

Bottom line AFAIAC, is, I want TUNA FISH, I don't care much about it's appearance, so long as it contains minimal amounts of today's poisons, tastes like tuna should, and the price is acceptable.

Sheldon Scott likes this.