Where Is Your Happy Place?

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Where is your favorite place to be where you can get away from all life's responsibilites and stresses? My favorite "Happy Place" is at the beach. I'm going there in a week and I am so ready for this after what for me has been a long "winter" season. I'm also going to get the added bonus of being able to have some time with my sisters, I'm hoping all 5 of them...but with 4 of them for sure. The beach and time with my sisters...life can be really sweet at times, this will be one of those times for me! :cool:

IMG_9065-001.JPG

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My youngest sister in NJ has a vacation property in West Palm Beach Florida, on Singer Island. It's a condo right on the beach. I've gone with them a few times and had fun even though I'm not a beach person, but being with any family members for me is my Happy Place. Location isn't that important.

She lets all the family members use it and all she asks is they pay the housekeeping bill for the time there.

3. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Have a wonderful time Babs.... I'm sure you will. :)

My favorite place is HOME now. I'm at my happiest right here. .. kids and family and pets.
    Sadly, my days at the beach are probably over. My husband loved vacations at the ocean also - either coast.
    His last wish was to spend time at South Padre Island (Texas) and it was a bittersweet time for me that week.
    Any future beachside trips would probably only bring up old memories. I don't think I could handle that.

4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I hate beaches always have since being forced to endure them many weekends during my childhood. :eek:;) My favourite place is in bed in the early hours when all is dark and everyone is asleep.

My other place is in a deckchair in Lisa's country house where we go frequently and stay during the summer months, there is 3/4 acre of mainly lawns and sitting in the sun with the scent of lilac blossom in the air is bliss.................plus a glass of beer of course.

DSC04379.jpg DSC04451.jpg DSC04465.jpg

5. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Lovely and peaceful looking.....

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh Bonnie...I can certainly understand why the beach would not be a happy place for you. I'm so sorry about your husband and one day I pray you will go to the beach and remember the joy y'all shared there and none of the sorrow.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Very peaceful place Terry! :)

8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I have 2 favourite 'happiest places''...one is my second home near the coast in Southern Spain, but even more special than that is my daughters' home in the mountains also in Southern Spain but about 6 hours from mine ,....it's sooo peaceful up there alongside nature and the all my grandfurkids ....and sitting out on her land at the top of the mountain looking down over acres and acres of beautiful landscape is just a piece of heaven...I'll post pictures later...

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Being generous must run in your Family Chrissy....that is very nice of your sister to share with y'all. I don't like to get in the water at the beach to much...only at the edges. But I love to hear the music of the waves, watch them play as they roll into shore, and smell the sand and surf....and I like to play in the sand too. I also like to take pictures at the beach. And I will be sharing some of those with y'all while I'm over there. :)

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't get into the water much either, at least not the ocean. There is a nice pool on the property that I will get in. I like looking for seashells and they have some neat ones there. You have to get up very early though because everybody has the same idea and later they are picked over.

Holly Saunders and Terry Page like this.
  11. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

My "happy place" is in my Imagi' Nation mostly, lol!! But I gotta tell'ya, @Holly Saunders place in Spain is running a close second:cool:

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

My happy place is home and watching Toonami, I forget the world for a few hours watching anime. I like the ocean too. There is always something new at the ocean like shells, star fishes and sea birds. Just the scent of the beach makes me just relax and the wonderful waves washing on the sandy beaches just makes you feel like all the waves washing away your cares.

Denise Evans likes this.