When You See Heaven

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Shirley Martin, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I will let you all know, if and when I make it there

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

I think that would be amazing. Considering the billions of people that have died over the centuries and haven't come back to let the rest of humanity know what to expect.
    Still would like to know what sin that child & thousands maybe millions similar to that child did so mercy isn't part of their life.

Nothing wrong with blind faith if that gets anyone thru their day with peace of mind. I just can't get there when there are so many contradictions to what is written and what can be seen as reality.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Bob Kirk - my comment was made in jest,in hopes of calming the soon to be ruffled feathers of others. The thread is not a debate about religious beliefs. If you do not believe in a heaven- or other Biblical beliefs,why respond at all?
    No fear Bob, I am not a religious person, and also do not fully comprehend the entiriety of the Bible, but all the more reason to tread lightly among those who do.

4. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not debating just questioning what seems to me contradictions. As for ruffling feathers & treading lightly over the years it's been my experience in issues other than religion & religion the only reason anyone would be upset is because it causes them to think.

How can anyone look at that picture and not question why mercy is denied that child & who knows how many other children. But as you point out feathers will probably be ruffled since denial is easier than questioning the reality of what is happening as we sit her typing our thoughts.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Quite simply, you are just not conversing on the topic of this thread, @Bob Kirk . The thread is called “When you see heaven” and is about how someone who believes in heaven pictures it in their mind.
    What you are ranting on and on about has nothing to do with how YOU see heaven, or if you even do picture one.

If you want to have a discussion about why are people suffering on this earth if there is a God , then you need to address that subject in its own thread.
    I think we might have a thread on that somewhere here in the religious section, but if not, you can certainly start one.

The religious section of the forum is here for people who believe in God to discuss many different topics.
    For non-believers to just take over the thread to say that God does not exist, or that they do not believe in God, does not add to the thread topic at all, and you should at least TRY to stay on topic.
    If you have nothing to contribute to this topic (what does heaven look like in your mind), or you don’t believe there is a heaven, then you really don’t need to continue being argumentative here in this thread.

6. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Noted & understood.

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Amen to that, @Yvonne Smith!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Having time to reflect on my posts I think all of those should be removed from this thread.

9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Bob Kirk .. Ken Anderson might can help you with that...I don't know that it's even necessary though.;)

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Removing your posts is not just that simple anymore, @Bob Kirk . People have responded to your posts, and it would be totally confusing if I took your posts out of the thread.
    It will have to stand as it is.
    However, your point , about why is there all of the suffering in this world, if there is a God who loves us, IS a very valid question , and topic for discussion; it just needs its own thread, so we can all be addressing the same issue .
    This is something that has always puzzled both believers and non-believers, and both sides probably have interesting points to add to the conversation; so if you will start a new thread about just this topic, then we can all contribute to it, and all be discussing the same topic.

Joseph Carl, Babs Hunt and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I enjoy your posts, Bob. Seems to me that many threads wander off topic, usually without comment. That's just the way conversation evolves sometimes.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You have valid questions Bob but I do agree with @Yvonne Smith that starting a thread of your own about these questions would be better than taking the topic of heaven off course.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I ask this not to start a argument or debate, just interested to know the thinking of this diversified group of seniors.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Since I am agnostic and believe that when I die I'll return to the "great nothing" as before I existed, I have no belief in any heaven or hell. Frankly I have a problem wrapping my mind around any such concept. Besides which, some people have such sad, miserable and tragic lives that I can't imagine any "hell" could be any worse.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

No earth shattering thoughts about either at the moment. I hope there is a heaven and pray I never see hell ;)