When Will America Get Better, Or Can It?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The worse they get, the more people are waking up. This has to happen before we can recover, it is part of the process. Kind of like the thing about the addict having to hit bottom before they start to recover, enough people have to hate what is happening to our country and wake up before it will change.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Where will all these unWoke Americans come from? Even our conservatives now are mostly silent. And the ones who do speak out are socially persecuted.
    Of course acting like thugs isn't a good idea either like some of the Jan6th did, although the frustration is understandable but not the violence.
    We have a few milirias who are not helping things either. Violence is not the answer now, we past the standing militia point years ago. They now have a foreign army that won't mind firing on Americans at all. Been training them here for decades.

John Houlihan likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, my sister, a very liberal, just told me she hates wokeness.
    But the Dem running for governor is for giving drivers licenses to illegal aliens, thus giving them the photo id needed to vote. Free stuff gets the less intelligent (and sometimes the intelligent) to do what is being pushed.
    This whole world is in a big chess game, the 10 or so top wealthiest win all.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yvonne although I do admire your positive attitude there is also a reality to some of this subject that needs consideration. I'm not saying you're not realistic but just leaning too much to one side of the spectrum.
    Every 4 to 8 years we lose one right after another in this nation and so voting is not the cure all for us. It helps I agree but in this day and time we need to make laws to protect Americans not the rest of the world.
    No anti-hate law is what a nation of free speaking people should be under.
    Nor should any law that can take away Americans private property without due process.
    The only two laws Trump enacted while in office was antisemitic and asset forfeiture ,both illegal laws that do Americans no good but much harm.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

I try to stay away from politics and religion but always fail.
    It serves no purpose for me except maybe a temp rant.
    But then what else is there now left to talk about besides the big fat elephant in the room affecting the very lives of us and those we love?

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

There's always Faye bra thread

Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Well while Faye was burning her bra America was also on fire. We didn't start the fire.either.:)

9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I never burned my bra. I simply removed it about 50yrs. ago and never bothered with another. Now we have to remove this Democrat from the Oval Office and never put another in unless we know he's a patriot and definitely sane.

10. Yvonne Smith

It looks to me like the law that President Trump signed about asset forfeiture was a good thing, since it helped to stop the IRS from seizing people’s property.
    Can you explain why you think that it was a bad thing for him to do, @Marie Mallery ?

F78432D9-0AFD-4D0A-9F10-628ACBB34C8A.jpeg

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

That is IRS only. And I'm sure it was also without due process, no warrant, no charges,
    Say you're traveling with a large sum of money, you get pulled over and the police just decides the money was gotten illegally, selling drugs, prostitution, ,etc,etc,etc, Should they be able to just take it right then and there without charging you for a crime?
    Its my bedtime so I'll just leave this here for you to watch.
    If under a few thousand dollars most people let them keep it because it will cost as much or more to fight to get it back.
    When law enforcement takes assets from criminals, they have to charge them with a crime, usually arrest them not just take the money and let them go. I'm all for police and all against criminals, but this in the wrong hands can be abused and is abused.

12. Yvonne Smith

The only law that President signed that I can find is the one limiting the IRS seizures, @Marie Mallery . The video you shared has nothing to do with the law that Trump signed, so if there is another law, can you tell me what it was called , please ?

Forbes is one of the more liberal companies, so I would expect anything they say about President Trump would be to blame him for something that had nothing to do with the IRS seizure act law.
    The Forbes video was just put out a few months ago, so if law enforcement has been given more power to seize assets, this would reflect Biden’s doing, and not President Trump.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I think that is Marie's point that Trump passed the law against IRS seizure but not the Civil Asset Forfeiture that is carried out by police to pad states' budgets. If you are going to buy a car, for example, and are bringing cash, which many people want instead of checks if you are not known by the seller. If you are then pulled over and the money is discovered by interview or search, they seize the money as 'possible drug money' which you have to fight, with all the legal expense, to get back. The state can drag this out for a lonnnnnnng time costing you more than the car.
    Trump's law may have helped those like him, but not the common man.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Whoops I didn't know that,I thought he was capitalist GOP. I didn't listen to the video, just thought it could explain the act. I was tired last night.
    I am glad he did the IRS thing and as I said before I'm hoping Trump is patriot enough and learned a lesson since his short term that they made a living hell.
    I don't trust anyone and don't feel like American citizens are winning.

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

I doi hope and pray I'm wrong.