When To Say Something And When Not To

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I would not waste my time reporting people for stupid stuff, Unless I was came after the same thing. Such as expired tags- just example. Any crime that causes harm or loss to another person, yes I would report. Anything that puts people n danger- such as a meth lab in apt. yes report. Otherwise let it alone.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I misread this post. I thought you said strong " because" we had all those laws. I don't agree but will explain why later too tried to get into it.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Hedi, in North Carolina (Huntersville), the apartment complex we lived in was built on city streets. Yes, city streets. Law enforcement could cruise thru at any time and write out a ticket for expired year tag or anything else dealing with vehicle violations. Cracked windshield, no bumper, etc.

We never reported anyone for an expired year tag, but the owners had the manager hire a tow truck company to drive around the complex around midnight and put Notices on vehicles that had expired year tag.

Don't know why there are so many vehicle expired year tag here, because we take care of ours when we get the notice from the DMV. I think, since every two years a Smog Inspection is required before new year tag, for that year, can be got, there are those that don't pass and don't want to dish out money to fix.

But, there are just things that have to be reported or it will be "anything goes" anywhere. And, those that obey the laws, don't like the "anything goes" thing.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh lolo you obviously have fell off your horse one too many times. :rolleyes:

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just what is meant by that? You were talking about not reporting things and we never reported expired vehicle tag.

And, you don't live where we do! Young folks in our complex get away with many things that are in the leasing agreement "not allowed". A "free for all" isn't necessarily a good place to live.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's what a roll of quarters will do to you.

[​IMG]

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, this was suppose to be a serious thread, but.............some member totally understand what I'm asking about, whereas others don't. So.........

Guess people have to make the right choice in what to "snitch" (report) on and what not to.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, guess we do nothing about this, but.......

We noticed yesterday evening, that the young girl that lives above us, has had a Pagan/Satan symbol (circled Star) put on the rear side window of her SUV and underneath the symbol, three 6's in Roman Numerals, which is the numbers of Anti-Christ.

Since it's in the Leasing Policies/Rules that the management can't discriminate against sex of a person, race of a person and religious beliefs of a person, this young girl, and her boyfriend, can completely/100% get away with this on her vehicle. Guess it's also called "Freedom of Speech".

Sort of wonder how many people, when they see her stopped at a stop light/stop sign, look at the symbols? Do they honk in approval or say, to themselves, "you have got to be kidding me?"

Now, is this a "Hate Symbol" that she has on her vehicle, or not?

9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

you know what If you minded your own business the world would be a happier place

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

[​IMG]

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

But, Al, that's exactly what's wrong with America, so many people do what they want to and don't care about anyone else's feelings. Like I've already said, there are those on this thread that simply don't believe in "mind your own business", because that creates more problems, and, sometimes some very serious problems.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What I'm wondering is how Bobby will feel when he reads about this young lady where we live at and what she had put on her SUV.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Anyway, for any of you, including Al, we aren't going to say anything about the symbol. By this time next year, we won't be here, or in Colorado, so, just like many people here, "we don't care".

If they want to spread their love for Satan, even though we totally disagree, that's up to them. All we can do is pray for them.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh . I was mainly funning you. Perhaps you just need to spend more time on what you can chnage and leave the unchagable things to those that created it. Your load in life will be much lighter. You will be moving anyway so, who care if some girl has a satan sticker on her car? Concentrate on yourself and wife. Also, are you expecting things to be that much different in a new complex? ;)

Al Amoling and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A lesson from the Bible:

In the 5th chapter of 1Samuel, the Ark had been stolen by the Philistines and placed in a cave before their graven idol, Dagon.
    When the Philistines came the next day, Dagon was flat on his face before the Ark. They set Dagon back up on his pedestal and left.
    The next day when they went in, Dagon was not only knocked down, but his head and limbs had been removed.
    Also during that time, the Philistines started getting “emerods” around their private parts. The emerods were so extreme that some of them even died from the malady.

The story goes on much further but the end result is that the Ark was returned and without one word or action from the Israelites. It isn’t as though the Israelites weren’t strong enough to go in and take it back for the Israelites were known for being ferocious warriors.

Instead…..they let go and let God take care of the matter which is a lesson we ALL need to learn at one time or another.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.