When Should I Eat My Main Meal?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Terry Page, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I have started having only one meal a day at lunchtime if possible, and other times having Kefir, I do feel good eating that way and am never hungry

See more
    here and take the test.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It said I should eat big breakfasts. Some questions didn't have the right answer choice for me. All my meals are similar in size....I'm more of a grazer and have to have something all day but it's always low calorie and healthy for the most part. Never eat anything at night though.

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I am a grazer too Chrissy...graze all day when I'm at home, and graze on tiny snacks all day because I almost never get time to have a lunch break at work . My weight is about right for my height...but due to having to take meds in the morning on an empty stomach..I don't have time to wait an hour for breakfast...and with very little at lunch I find, I eat the most ...in the evening..

the test predictably says I should eat my largest meal at lunchtime!!

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Traditionally, the largest meal of the day was at noon, at least in the United States. Of course, the country was largely agricultural, and many of those who worked outside the home were nevertheless able to come home for dinner. Once they began killing off the family farms and small town businesses, people have had to either commute or move to larger cities for work. Of course, going home for dinner was out of the question, so the larger meal shifted to the evening meal, which "normal" people call supper. That's probably not the healthiest time to eat your larger meal because most people are relatively sedentary after supper and, of course, that is followed by sleep.

Terry Page likes this.
  5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes having a large meal at noon is difficult when working these days really, also I would need to doze after a large meal as well.
    The names of our meals in the UK have changed a lot, when I was a child we called the midday meal dinner and the lighter evening meal tea, or if hot and sometimes earlier it was called high tea.
    Supper if we had it was just before going to bed and consisted of a mug of something milky, with a cookie or cheese and crackers.
    These days we have lunch at noon and dinner in the evening, which posh or aspiring middle class people may call supper, then of course there is brunch and so on :rolleyes:

downlo33ad (15).jpg

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

A cousin had undergone the so called "After 6" diet where you can eat anything and any volume before 6 pm. It is very effective, my cousin said, because he had lost his extra pounds in a matter of 1 month. I tried it once but did not last for 2 days because I felt hungry. It's as simple as that.

I eat at least 3 full meals including breakfast at around 7am. What follows is the lunch at noon and dinner before 8pm. We are kind of strict with the meal time because my husband has gastritis and his tummy would be acting up if he misses a meal.