When Is It Too Late?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Ina I. Wonder, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Where would you go next @Ken Anderson ? I've only live in CA, TX, MA, and OK. I did live in those places for at least a couple of years each, except for CA, that's where I was born. We moved to TX when I was 11 months old. Although I do enjoy driving around the country.

I think last year was probably my last trip out of Texas, unless I get healthy enough to go see @Yvonne Smith again. She doesn't live to far from me. Just two states between us, LA and MS.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

What is stopping you @Chrissy Page? You deserve to be happy too. I know it's hard to move, I'm wading through more than forty years of mine and Michael's stuff, and donating so much stuff that they are starting to look at me as if I might be a thief.

3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Ditto on the alone thing, @Ina I. Wonder and I can relate to that well. I think it's exciting, and I am getting excited for you @Chrissy Page but only you can make the decision. You know all there is to know, and with that, I know you'll make the right choice;) Do they have a pool?? LOL!! I'm sorry, but if they do, can I come visit, LOL!!

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Well ladies it seems we have the forum to ourselves. Now if we were closer we could have a girls night. I got a feeling we would get a bit goofy. Oh yeah, we already are. Ha ha ha!!!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

We would get goofy;)

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have lived in Michigan, Iowa (short time), California, Texas, North Carolina, and Maine. Next, although I doubt that I'll be able to do it, I would choose between one of two extremes: a very small town in North Dakota or Alabama or Mississippi.

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

This morning I'm feeling very happy to be settled. Although those days of wanting to see what's on the other side of the hill, are not over. I just may keep choosing to "travel by internet" from now on though;)

Went kayaking this a.m. already, LOL!

kayaking.jpg

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson, my brother lived in Hattiesburg, Mississippi for about 20 years, he taught and was head of the physics or math dept at
    The University there, forget which one....then a few years ago he moved to New Haven, CT. Same type of position but plans to retire next year and I think they'll move out of CT but maybe NJ or PA, his only daughter lives near Princeton and she just started have kids and although I would never have seen him as the grandpa type, he seems to be enjoying it.

They will stay on the east coast though because his wife still has family in the U.K. and visits about twice a year and it's just closer from the East coast.

We all grew up in Pittsburgh and moved around. He's come full circle. Before Miss. he lived in Princeton NJ.

Dont think my sister in Colorado or I will ever go back to the East Coast.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Denise Happyfeet ....I've traveled enough and this will be my last move to my daughter's house unless I meet a rich widower at her country club and move in with him wherever his mansion is. :)

I'm thinking ahead....

10. Denise Evans

Registered

@Chrissy Page We think much alike;) I would like to see some of the East Coast one day, but not move, just a little travel. I think I just feel safe at home now, safer. It is pretty wonderful to be able to just Google different places at least.

I especially like hearing other people's stories, where they've been. I'd forgotten you were born in PA, places I've never been. Sometimes for me, it's better to hold onto the dream because reality isn't all that neat. Like when I went to Montana for example. I had this ideal picture in my head of what the people were like, the land etc. And it is gorgeous, but it's never like I have made it up in my mind, from old movies, stories:)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I was born in Argentina, grew up in Pittsburgh. :) I've been all over.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

When my wife quits her current job and we move back to Colorado, if we do end up moving back there, our lives will change. The biggest change will be in our finances. We do have some retirement savings and our SS will help us, but we sure won't have the income we do currently. We have downsized, but definitely have to downsize even more. Depending on our health, when we get to where we want to move to, we will both take on part-time jobs.

We've lived here for almost 8 years, but really don't like it anymore. The humidity has really gotten to us. The population is definitely growing. The traffic is sometimes comparable to NY or LA. The crime just keeps increasing. A shooting almost on a daily basis, but not in the area we live in. And, on top of those things, pretty much nothing for us to do anymore here. We love/miss mountains, rodeo and even the snowfall.

This has to be our very last move, so we have to chose wisely.

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I can't believe how much crap I have and I downsized when I moved here 13 yrs ago. I did get rid of most of my husband's stuff when my ex moved in with me. :( Wish I hadn't with some of the stuff.

But I still have some things and some I'll never get rid of...one is the teddy bear he breathed his last breath on and also the undershirt they cut off his body. :(

@Cody Fousnaugh , you're picking a beautiful state to move to and at least you are familiar with it.

Also, are you planning on a moving company or doing it yourself? That's a long drive and a lot to figure out. Just having a car sent is enough. When we moved back to CA. We only had the one Altima that we took and brought back from Hungary.

My son had an Altima that he was going to get rid of, so he sent that from Illinois to CA. And that was the Altima I used. It cost $700 in 2003 to transport on a semi and it was a 1997 Altima.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  14. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy---If you are looking for a change and decide to stay here in Fresno you might consider where I live. There are a number of single females in your age group and they do allow dogs and cats . http://www.westwoodbluffs.com/

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Ren, but if I'm going to move I might as well move to my daughter's house. In the long run it's a better decision.

If for whatever reason I'm hospitalized here...I'm screwed to put it nicely. At least there she could visit me and when I do get out even though she works, she could run home on her lunch hour, etc.

She's only working 2-3 days a week now, an her boys are older so I would have more fun running around with her.

Saturday, she's doing a wine 5K at a winery there. That's just an example because I wouldn't be doing that, lol.

I usually spend half my time there now as it is or at my son's....this house is just a pain in the butt.

P.S. I'm northeast of those apts....they are nice.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016