When Big City Meets Country Or Ranch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Could be a controversial thread, but is still interesting/funny........at least to us.

Was in local Walmart last night to get our Senior High Dose Flu Shot, like we do every year around now. While wife and I were in the Pharmacy area filling out paperwork, I noticed an older guy wearing a straw cowboy hat, Wrangler jeans and pretty dirty boots. He was waiting on something from the Pharmacy. I spoke to him and found out that he raises Texas Longhorn cattle somewhere close. He knew about the rodeo association that I had been in and we had a nice, but short, talk.

Wife and I noticed a young lady come up to the Pharmacy counter and she had multiple tattoos, even on her face. Above each eyebrow and other places on her face.

Later, we told each other, "yep, this is when "big city" meets country-ranch!". I did notice the old ranch cowboy take a look at her, sort of shook his head with a "no" and take off.

Guess facial tattoos are becoming more and more popular, but where in the heck would a young person work that had these facial tattoos? I'm just waiting to see a young person with a swastika tattoo on their forehead, like Charles Manson had or even three 6's on their face that represents The Beast/Satan.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, nobody has replied to this thread yet, but there are some (many) pro-tattoo people in this forum. So, just what do I expect!

BUT, what about facial tattoos? Right on the face, just like Post Malone (White rapper). Machine Gun Kelly (another White rapper) has them all over himself, but, from pictures online, none on his face.

Just what kind of a job can a young person get with facial tattoos? Working for Harley-Davidson or a tattoo/piercing parlor......yes. But, becoming an Engineer, Lawyer, Doctor........or any other really high paying jobs, just don't know. And, once they are put on the face, they last forever, unless surgically removed.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think all of your threads could be merged into 2 or 3. You could get your own category: This Again?

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Why John? Do you have facial tattoos? If you don't like the thread, just like what Ken and Yvonne say, "don't reply to it". Easy to say, isn't it, but hard to do, isn't it?

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Cody, as John said, you posted this subject before, so as you yourself just said, what did you expect.
    My youngest daughter was afraid to tell me that she had her totem tattooed at the small of her back where no one would see it. She designed it herself and it was a work of art. What I felt and what I said were two different things. I don't know why I am not up for tattoos But hey...
    You are right, young people don't realize the consequences of their actions. Tattoos may make it difficult to get some jobs. But I have seen an actor on several shows tattooed all over. He shaves his head and gets parts as a felon or shady person. But his body is a canvas of art to him, I am sure.
    Who was that guy in Westerns who got parts because of that one lazy eye? I can see him but not think of his name. I am pretty sure he got those parts because he was memorable for that eye. Would I go out with him with that eye?
    Probably, because I am odd and maybe he could introduce me to some of my idols. He is just a person, too.
    PS, I could not get a high paying job as a doctor or lawyer either and I don't have a tat or piercings.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

But, Mary, I'm talking about facial tattoos. Ones over the eyelids, on the cheeks, forehead...............those kinds. The kinds that can definitely look "freaky".

How about this: [​IMG]

7. Mary Stetler

Registered

I would not do it, and he probably won't get a job as a lawyer, but, these days, maybe an engineer. The tats are very precise.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I've seen cops and people in city administrative positions with facial tattoos. Not quite that outrageous, perhaps but, at a time when even biology is controversial, and children can opt to have their genitals altered, I don't think you're going to be able to stop people from getting tattoos. Looking at the people walking around the cities these days, tattoos are the least of our problems.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    Faye Fox and Mary Stetler like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What I'm wondering is............just what kind of job would this kid get? Actually, we had a tattoo artist, his wife and their little girl living in our complex. She had some facial tattoos, he did not. She worked at local Harley-Davidson Dealer and told me, in her words: "I wouldn't work anywhere where I couldn't show off my ink". With that being said, she really, really limited herself to a career.

I mean, could you imagine going to your doctors office and the receptionist had tattoos and even piercings all over her face? I'd freak, leave and find another doctor!

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, this morning when I stopped at McDonald's Drive-Thru to order some breakfast to take home, I notice the young lady that was taking the money/cc had a small tattoo on the bottom of her arm. She was in management. The uniform told me that and I asked. I also mentioned to her about the lack of more tattoos and she told me "McDonalds tries very hard to hire people, especially in management, without them or just a small one like I have".

11. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Jack Elam, maybe? He had a wonky eye.

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

They can work at Walmart ..least here they can. However not to the extreme of the pic you posted.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

He lost his eye to a pencil wielded by another little kid.
    As an aside, Peter Falk lost his eye to cancer as a kid.
    Yet look at what they chose to do for a living. Interesting, huh?

Good call on remembering Jack. I would have had to search.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, but where else? Can they get a job making over $100,000 a year looking like the guy in the picture? He is the extreme, but even with a few facial ones, plus lip/eyebrow and nose piercings........where could they work to make a good living? The old-time circuses would hire them, but those are long gone.

Heck, they couldn't even join the military looking like that!

15. Mary Stetler

Registered

Not many of my friends make over $100.000 a year.