What's Your Guilty Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

My tastes change, often with the seasons. Right now, my guilty pleasure is Flavor Ice Freeze Pops. I can't seem to live without them. They help a lot, especially after yard work. What do you crave?

Attached Files:

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream
    [​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

If it's Haagen-Dazs, it's got to be coffee!

Attached Files:

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

For me it is iced mocha caramel coffee. Since I can't justify the cost of Starbucks or even the fast food places, I figured out Starbucks' recipe, and now friends says they can't tell the difference. And best of all, I can make a pint of iced coffee for 79 cents.

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

I love copycat recipes! I grew up drinking iced coffee with light cream or half and half or sugar, and would occasionally use whipped cream or ice cream as well, so I've never needed to go buy expensive coffees. I have a friend who is addicted to Starbucks, so whenever she's here, we're there at least 2x per day, which is ridiculous, especially since there isn't one nearby, but it's her money. I grew up on Dunkin' Donuts, which is a lot more reasonably priced, but there isn't one of those very close either, so I just make my own coffee and coffee drinks, as well.

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  6. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

If you call that guilty pleasure then anything sweet can do for me, hahahaaa. Today we watched the Ant Man in the mall and we passed by the supermarket before going home. So for the afternoon snack, I had ice cream together with the leftover cake last night - birthday of Tisoy, our 8-year old dog. But admittedly though I seldom eat ice cream and cake together... because my husband would be looking behind my shoulder, hahahaaa.

8. Angel J More

Angel J More Veteran Member
    Registered

Chocolate,chocolate, and chocolate :rolleyes:! However, with a family history of diabetes, I have come to love dark chocolate. Tim Tam's, Hershey's and Blueberry Acai dark chocolates are now permanent residents of our fridge.
    During the times when I feel down, I eat dark chocolates for health reasons and for the "feel good" hormones that chocolates reportedly trigger. I'm going to grab one now.:)

9. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Nothing guilty about my pleasure which is not food.. A foot massage.. OK it's not edible but the closest to Perfect as you can get

10. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Val White, I'm with you. After a bout of not being able to walk a few months ago, because of an attack of arthritis in my feet and legs, a younger friend took me in my whellchair, (which I hadn't use in months), to get a full pedicure.
    It took an hour. What with the hot rocks, the foot massage, and oh, the toe manipulation, all while setting in a chair that massages up and down from neck to knees, it was hard to tell what was the best action.. it made my feet and legs feel like heaven.

And I love the artwork done to make my toes pretty. Plus, around here you can get a glass of champagne to sip on. All for about $35.00. I now treat myself monthly.

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

While I love many of the guilty pleasures already posted by your guys and gals, I have to say mine is cappuccino coffee, but home-made and has to be Hill Bros brand.

I love all the eight available varieties, http://www.hillsbroscappuccino.com/products/canisters
    among which my favorite is the English toffee.

I can drink this flavored coffee all day long and still wanting more! By the way, the empty canisters look great as both decorative items and yet useful kitchen containers ;)

[​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I have too many guilty pleasures to mention and they all involve food.

Diane Lane likes this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm still eating the freeze pops regularly. I think I'm craving them due to dehydration. I have so many favorites there could never be just one, but I have been wanting to make this for quite a while, althought I don't have enough room in my freezer yet. http://www.asweetpeachef.com/sweets/pineapple-coconut-ice-cream/

14. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

Mine is Maple Walnut Ice Cream. I would walk 5 miles for that. I grew up with maple, so anything with that flavour is my best friend.

Diane Lane likes this.
  15. Diane Lane

Registered

New guilty pleasure. I tried them yesterday. They taste just like something I used to love, but have forgotten the name of. I tried the golden oat biscuits, but am seeing other flavors I'd like to try, also. Belvita Breakfast Biscuits

Attached Files:

Yvonne Smith and Corie Henson like this.