What's Your Favorite Television Commercial?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Diane Lane, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This reminds me of the Breeze commercial where a little boy would spatter blue ink not only on his shirt but also on his face. The visuals go with a catchy tune and a chant that was translated in Filipino (the commercial was obviously for the US market and was only dubbed for the Filipino version). It's not really annoying because it was kind of funny. However, seeing that particular commercial so many times in an hour of watching tv, I guess that's being a hard sell already.

I find commercials of cars very professional and artistic. That also goes for commercials of banks.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

What is Breeze? Is it a laundry detergent? I agree with you about the repetition, sometimes it gets really annoying. I think some people who create commercials are very artistic, while others show from their work that they have very limited scope of experience with anyone outside of their own demographic.

4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

That is nice. I had not seen that commercial for KFC.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I would have to say my all-time favorites are any of the 1980's Hershey's commercials! I don't even care to admit that they brain-washed me! They were that good. :D To this day, Hershey's is my favorite chocolate!

6. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

7. Diane Lane

Registered

Wow, I don't even remember that commercial. The '80s was a busy time for me, and I didn't watch much television back then. I probably pay more attention to ads now, or the ones I don't skip, at least ;).

8. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, I remember watching an old commercial when I visited Romania, my home land, in 1999. It was Christmas time, and Coca Cola had a really soothing commercial around here with trucks and Christmas lights and polar bears and what not. I really love that commercial, if I can find it online, I will come back to this thread and link it.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Jennifer Graves

Registered

My husband and I went to steak and shake today. their steak burgers do taste SO much better than anyone else's burgers. But they are really skinny. When my husband picked it up, all I could hear was, "where's the beef?"

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I do not watch much television, and although there are some commercials that I think are better than others; there is not really any of the commercials that are on everyday that I pay attention to. I do enjoy seeing the special commercials that Budweiser makes for the Super Bowl, although I hate sports and never watch that either.

Here is one commercial that I have never seen on the television; but found it posted somewhere on the internet. This commercial is from Taiwan; but it never fails to speak to my heart every time that I watch it. Hope it speaks to yours, too......

Diane Lane and Brittany Houser like this.
  11. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

This advert caused an adoration storm when it was first shown last year and now it's back again

12. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh wow! LOL I had never seen this one! That was best laugh I've had in awhile. I don't think my bird and my cat could be persuaded to co-exist if a cage didn't separate them!

13. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My favorite commercial who be any Pepsi commercial. I have loved Pepsi since high school mainly because it was the underdog to Coke back then. I love the underdog! They can be moving, funny and always seem to become better each Super Bowl year.

14. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I like of the Coca Cola commercials to date, and my latest favorite is from the happiness movement that keeps me singing it from time to time

But perhaps my very, very favorite is this other from 1996 (not 97 as title reads), probably the last (or one of the last) commercials still reflecting my happiness for Christmas time coming (now almost gone)

Other Coca Cola commercial I remember once liking me, was that one of the hundred youngsters gathered wishing peace to the world back in the 1970s, and going back further, a 1967 Christmas billboard on the top of a building near my childhood home, featuring coke bottles with crystal sphere heads dressing as angels.

Even though, there is another favorite commercials moment I loved but barely remember, despite they were very popular in the late 1999, probably some of the first-ever aired commercials featuring an online site; Amazon.

It was a series of 2-3 commercials with men dressed in seasonal elf-like clothing, beating drums and singing, just that. Not much staging behind. Sadly I haven't found videos of these commercials anywhere.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    Lara Moss likes this.
  15. Jennifer Graves

Registered