What's Wrong With These People?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This thread can be used to complain about other disgusting acts of human behavior, but I wanted to mention something that @Bobby Cole had hinted at in a restaurant cleanliness thread. He mentioned people who leave toilet paper or that paper restrooms sometimes have for people to use as a barrier between themselves and the toilet seat on the toilet seats for the next person to clean up.

Yeah, that's gross and I've seen that as well, but one thing that I have seen repeatedly in public restrooms, whether in a restaurant, grocery store, or elsewhere, is that people don't even bother to flush before leaving. Especially in the past ten years or so, I find that often, and I can't imagine what makes that okay with people.

I'm not talking about toilets that won't flush for whatever reason, commonly because someone stuffed too much paper in there, but toilets that are flushable, but the last person to use it couldn't be bothered. I get that someone might be embarrassed to tell an employee that the toilet wouldn't flush or that they had backed it up, but usually, all that it takes is for someone to simply flush it.

I've also noticed that a large percentage of people, at least in men's rooms, since I don't make a habit of using the women's room (although there would be nothing wrong with that, you know), don't wash their hands after using the toilet. It's not like I hang around there keeping count, but I'd guess that at least half of the people who use men's rooms walk out without washing their hands.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

What's wrong with people who pee on the toilet seat and leave it? If they are going to squat, why don't they raise the seat?

I sometimes use the men's room if it's a single seater. The line is sometimes too long to wait for the ladies' room. :)

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I can’t even begin to imagine what people do in their own homes if they are so grossly lazy and negligent in a public place.

Along with the same vein of thought, men are total slobs at the gym’s locker room.
    Some of them grab a half dozen towels in which one gets used to dry off with after a shower and the others get used to form a cushion for their butts when they sit on the benches and for their feet in front of the locker.
    My question is, why leave them on the benches and on the floor when there are laundry bag racks just a few feet away from any point in the locker room.
    Added to that, when guys DO pick up their stuff, why, when the laundry bag is full do they throw it at the bag, landing on the floor when there are other bags they can put their rags and towels in?
    For heaven’s sake, so guys go into a gym being men and doing what men do and wind up in the locker room as kids, doing what kids do.

When things are askew in the locker room, I’ll generally switch the bags since there are always extras on the rack, put on gloves and pick up after everyone and if there are no men on duty that day, I’ll cart the bags out of the locker room so the gals on duty do not have to worry about going in.
    Heck, I just count it as being part of the workout to put my stuff away where it goes.

4. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw a great sign in a unisex restroom: "Ladies, please remain seated for the entire performance. Gentlemen, please stand closer; it's shorter than you think."

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

That is WHY they do it. Because they CAN and someone will pick up after them. People are pigs. We have a lovely lane near our farm, tucked in between two heavily traveled roads. Someone gets Macdonalds often and throws the bag of garbage out on the lane when they are done eating. It keeps their car clean? People regularly walk the lane and pick up trash. Why should they? So someone has a nice clean place to dump stuff? I guess that is what the lunch bunch thinks.

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

People are just lazy pigs, in general?

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

There are those that simply don't care and would tell anyone that confronts them that. It's really too bad, but what I say is, "welcome to this day and age".

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We have the same thing here where we live. There is a convenience store just down the block, and people walk there, buy food and drink (usually beer) and then they walk back home along the street, throwing the trash into people’s yards along the way. Bobby has picked up things like clothes and shoes out of the road as well, and put them in our trash can.
    These are probably the same people who sit outside of the store every day, asking people for money. Nothing has value to them, I think.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The narcissists are everywhere. They truthfully believe the world revolves around them and just to show how much power they have, they make everyone else wait on and clean up after them.

Between the apathetic and the narcissist, I’m not sure which one I want to sissy slap sometimes.

However, I do have to maintain some sense of decorum because by pure logic, one can easily mistake idiocy for the previously mentioned conditions and no one really wants to harm an natural born idiot.

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Just don't shake hands with strangers, buy a van and put a camper potty in it like we have done for over 30 years when we traveled with 6 or 7 grand kids.:cool:. We haven't used a public rest room in over 30 years now and don't plan to. Even at dentist or doctor we will go to the van to go.;) But then I have a germ phobia.:eek: so that may not be healthy either. We also carry water for hand washing.But then your discussing this with a professional camper and a gypsy.

Lois Winters likes this.
  11. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We have professional beggars here as well. They are standing or sitting outside convenience stores. Some are always at every stop sign by the mall and walmart. I have a problem giving them money when they are on a cell phone, smoking cigarettes, and have a nice chair with an umbrella to sit in, plus have a healthy looking dog sitting beside them with a food/water dish. They have a card board sign saying they are down on their luck and need rent and food money and they always throw in a "God Bless You" for anything you can help with. Someone offered them a job and they turned it down.

And.... I couldn't get past some of the women that came in the soup kitchen that I donated too, carrying Coach purses, holding the latest cell phones, and tossing a smoke outside before coming in. They had nice clothes on and their kids had expensive sneakers, and the kids had a big soda bottle in one hand and a cell phone in the other, when they came in. Some of the other volunteers said they just had to overlook it and look the other way. o_O I couldn't.

12. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe they took " land of the free" literally. I can remember when begging was shameful, and most would almost rather die than beg.

13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That was my father; he had almost too much pride. (Never needed to beg, thankfully.) He refused to let me have a wedding shower because he believed it felt like asking people for a handout. :D

14. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

:eek:

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I posted the picture somewhere else in this forum a few years ago. I had a friend who managed a Walmart, and he took a picture of a guy who routinely stood on the island between the entrance and the exit with a sign about being homeless and out of work. My friend took a picture of himself, in uniform, standing alongside him with an official sign saying that Walmart is hiring.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022