What's Going On With Depression? Are You Depressed?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

If you're not shackin' up with anyone, then invite someone over and be sure you have a decent choice of drinks!

2. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Can't say I am ever lonely. Comfortable in my own skin and have pooch for companionship.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not a people person although I do like the human interaction up to a point. But alone is "me" time so I guess I'm 50/50.

Beth Gallagher and Terry Coywin like this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I realize that with COVID 19 and it's consequences these are tough times for many of us. From what I have been reading, there are many drugs that we take that can cause depression as well as some of the drugs that supposedly treat it. I am not exuding joy or bubbling over with happiness, but I am OK and not depressed.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I am prone to a "holiday funk," that usually settles in mid-November. Since I lost my brother in August, this holiday seems a bit gloomier than most.

Lon Tanner likes this.
  6. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Modern drugs usually cause problems instead of getting to the cause of a problem and relieving them.

Before world war II (some people might remember??) , Doctors diagnosed pellagra, and cured it in a few days (with NO side affects, btw - not causing depression like today's drugs are prone to do) . No more though - because it became illegal (or against protocol) to do so after 1950, under orders directed by the beast/ or pharmacy/ whatever.....

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

Modern Drugs Have kept many of us alive.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Jeff Elohim

Registered

True....

But instead of getting older and needing intervention to remain alive, I'd like to continue learning how to stay well instead,
    and as much as possible avoid the causes of problems to the body and mind. As long as I have a choice ....

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Lon Tanner

Registered

Staying well for everyone is only temporary at best.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

When I read "Moses lived to be 120 years old, and still had the strength and eyesight of a (healthy strong) 20 year old" ,
    I was not yet 20,
    and yet and also with all of my heart and mind and soul believed it. (for as myself and as many as God chooses likewise to remain healthy) ..
    Then, I also learnt WHAT TO DO, to remain healthy thru old age..... and I do all that I am able to do, albeit failing some, to remain healthy and strong with good eyesight.

Including if any possible or real problem arises, I trust The Creator and Jesus in Reality, not superficially nor religiously, and I DO as directed, including at times seeking out someone trained in how to help people of all age groups stay or become or continue in health.

And that has made all the difference for me and thousands (or tens or hundreds of thousands) over the last century.

The moneymakers decided (and was published) around 1902 that they wanted to sell drugs to everyone, not just to one percent of the people in the country (or the world?), and they planned to make it so, as much as they could, including taking over the education and medical and politics and social and entertainment media/ avenues (and religious authorities also),
    and they are right on schedule with their plan(s) - (someone posted they might even be ten years early this year with the plans they had had planned for 2030) ....

Oh, death does come to us all, eventually, unless the Savior Returns for His people before all of them pass away,
    but that is cause for rejoicing, not sorrow ! Great, Great Rejoicing !

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Fuhlman's diet was noted on some other posts recently (in the last month I think).

He or someone put on an hour long 'show' on television with (real or fake) testimonies of people over 50 years old who lost weight and regained vim and vigour and joy (basic health overall)
    within a few weeks or months making the necessary changes in what they ate and drank. (possibly without regard to supplements)....

Other physicians, licensed doctor's , in the past century have likewise helped people, including octogenarians, recover their health, improve their moods and their eyesight, and get off of most toxic chemicals they had been taking , with an overall plan - some mostly concerned with diet, others more with activity, and frequently very successfully. (much much better results than those plans that increased any kind of drugs and toxins) ....

In some circumstances, like in confined or restricted living conditions, some changes are more difficult than for others.

Likewise, whenever someone is dependent on one school of thought or practice, (the 'normal' usa way),

it may be much more difficult to accept that great changes can be made (at any age) with great results , and then to do them.

12. Lon Tanner

Registered

People get diseases and conditions for which there is no cure and can progressively get worse but their symptoms can be managed and controlled. Arthritis, Cancer, Diabetes for example. Despite their disease and management they can live quite normal lives.

13. Jeff Elohim

Registered

That is called "fake news". Very common, but easy to show that it is not true.

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The answer to that Lon is that there are many diseases that a person does not have to endure because they’ve taken the necessary steps to prevent them and I’m not talking about going out and getting a dozen needles stuck in ya.

Yes, disease and depression and a myriad of maladies will always be here but there are definitely better ways to take care of one’s self than to see the witch doctor every time a sniffle occurs.
    And as far as living a normal life, the folks I have talked to and seen who have cancer, diabetes, and arthritis do NOT live normal lives under any circumstance.
    The ability to do what you wish without worrying about someone chasing ya down with a needle is normal.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So true.