What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Homemade chicken chunks, noodles, and carrots soup, with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It will be chicken, sausage, shrimp, and okra gumbo tonight. It's cold and for a cajun it's perfect gumbo weather! :)
    AnnHuey-gumbo.jpg

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I cooked up the pollock yesterday. I breaded it lightly with panko crumbs and pan fried the fillets lightly in olive oil. I had the fish with macaroni and cheese, green beans and corn muffins. It was all yummy. Today, I'm going to do it all over again, except with corn or carrots.

I pulled out some ground pork to defrost. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Maybe just pork burgers, but I might look around for a recipe for something different, depending on my energy level.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm starting to clean out my fridge, have 4 days left to eat all the things that won't last a month.

Just had a "taco salad". Had ground turkey that I made Mexican-y and threw it on top of shredded lettuce, some shredded cheese, a little avocado and some fresh salsa I had from TJ's. Very filling because I used a whole bag of shredded lettuce which is very low calorie.

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Lazy me. I opened a can of chili. spooned some on top of a frozen burrito, topped that with shredded cheese and heated it in the microwave. I did make an avocado, tomato, and onion salad to go with it.

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I love that salad!

How's your knee?

7. Diane Lane

Registered

i'll probably cook the ground pork tonight, although I still haven't settled on a recipe. I might just make burgers. I'm tired of feeling sick and tired, and don't have much energy for cooking right now, but I'm sure whatever I cook will be tasty. I finished off the fish last night, and I've resolved to buy fish more often. I really enjoyed it with a little cocktail sauce and fresh lemon. I have a couple of red bell peppers, a cucumber, tomato and avocado, so I might make a salad to go with whatever I cook with the pork, or maybe I'll just boil up some eggs too, and make a salad.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Subway foot long sandwiches! Mine has roasted chicken breasts, hot pepper cheese, mayo and mustard, lettuce, tomato, and pickles and lots of black olives. My Honey is having the philly steak and cheese with mayo, lettuce, tomato, and pickles. And we're both having our sandwiches on Italian cheesy herb bread. :)

9. Diane Lane

Registered

I ended up making sweet and sour meatballs. I posted the recipe under the Recipes thread, in case anyone's interested. Here are a couple of pictures of the meatballs. 20161214_134958_resized.jpg 20161214_154131_resized.jpg

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Looks good, @Diane Lane. I just had a horrid tasting veggie burger....I usually like the ones from Morning Star but this is Dr. Praeger or something like that....Yuck!

It's looks like a grass patty but not as flavorful, lol...no taste whatsoever. I'm just trying to empty my fridge and freezer of food and I have 2 more left of these....only about 3 meals left to eat at home....think these are headed for the garbage.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Chicken, noodles, & big fluffy dumplings. Good comfort food. :)

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  12. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Wasn't hungry last night, so I skipped supper. Bad, bad mistake. About 10pm, I was feeling really strange, like I was gonna black out. Checked my blood sugar reading. Only 51. That's down in diabetic come range. So, I quickly ate enough to get it back in safe zone and felt much better. No more skipping meals for me, I guess.:eek:

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad you are okay @Ike Willis. :)

14. Diane Lane

Registered

@Ike Willis glad you're feeling better. You have to take better care of yourself. It sounds as if you enjoy eating. Was there a reason you weren't hungry? Were you not feeling well? I'd slide you some sweet and sour meatballs if you were closer. Glad you're feeling better. Maybe you should check your sugar more often for a few days, just to be safe.

I've got some chicken drumsticks thawing in the fridge. I'll probably just cook them the way I do the thighs, baked in the oven with olive oil, rosemary and thyme, and of course, salt and pepper. I'm not sure what I'll have with them. Maybe some pasta and of course at least one veggie.

I might pick up a few things this week before the grocery stores get too crowded towards the end of the week. I have plenty of canned goods, but am a bit low on meat. I like the Morning Star veggie burgers too @Chrissy Cross. I'll have to look for a coupon and pick some up soon.

Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Tonight will be oven baked burgers and fries. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.