What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

@K E Gordon I buy the frozen eggrolls often and they are good. I don't buy the frozen dinners of any kind so can't say about them.

K E Gordon likes this.
  2. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Searching for easy to fix, watching football, type food, I came across a Marie Callender's Chili Pot pie.
    Must be new, haven't seen them before. I like the other pot pies by them.
    Had it last night and was surprised at the taste. Will add a couple more to the freezer for lazy days.

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never heard of those @Tim, will have to look to see if my stores have them.

The pork chops should be defrosted by now. I finished off the chicken finally. I'll be making a tomato and avocado salad for later, with the pork chops and maybe some pasta on the side. I'm not feeling particularly energetic, because I overdid it yesterday. Thankfully, I'm not fussy, and like my own cooking :p.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Actually last night I made pork chops just thin ones because they seemed the fastest and easiest to cook, and I had potatoes in the refrig I needed to eat. I think tonight I will be eating the PF Changs, A friend is coming down, and that will be good, because this is a meal for two. I will make a bit of rice to go along with it. I wanted to try something new that I saw at Walmart instant jasmine rice, but I had to put it back since I was already 7 dollars over budget..sigh!

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have been getting eggs at Aldi's and they are around 50 cents a dozen there; so today I decided to make deviled eggs. Both Bobby and I like deviled eggs; but eggs have been so expensive lately (before discovering them so cheap at Aldi) that even Bobby has not been eating a lot of eggs anymore.
    I think that I will probably make the deviled eggs more often now that eggs are cheap again, and also mix some up for egg salad sandwiches.
    Bobby had a large ham that we found on sale at Aldi, and today he cut it up into slices and then I cooked the bone with the leftover meat and some navy beans with celery, onions, and carrots, and that is what we are having for supper today.
    We always have extra when I make a pot of beans, and then I can freeze some for when we want a heat-and-eat meal.
    We are starting to get cooler weather, so more hot meals (usually made in the Ninja Cooker) will probably be in order. I still had my iced latte smoothie again today, but that will be slowing down, too, along with the other summer foods.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

How do you make deviled gags, Yvonne? :)

I had to come out of seclusion for that, lol.

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Laughing about that one, @Chrissy Page ! I fixed the mistake, so hopefully, no one else will chide me for it. I thought I turned off the spell-correction; but I think that when I installed the new iOS 10, it must have automatically turned it back on again. I will have to remember to go to settings and turn it back off, so I do not keep coming up with weird words that I don't realize auto-correct has modified into somthing totally different than I was trying to write.
    Thank you for catching it for me, so fast. Now we are even for the Pickles one that I teased you about.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha....I had to hurry and quote it before you could fix it. :)

Deviled eggs do sound good though, so does the soup but we only cooled off a few degrees and will be seeing 100s again. :(

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Sheldon Scott

Registered

reruns today

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm so tired I didn't even notice the typo. I made the pork chops last night, and then was too tired to make anything to make with them, and so I had nachos for supper. I'll have pork chops today, maybe with mashed potatoes or french fries, and I'll make some sort of veggie to go with them, and also have applesauce.

Sheldon Scott and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

We went to the Farmer's Market today after we finished exercising at the fitness center, and I got some awesome fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. Bobby found a gigantic watermelon that has zig-zags all over the side. It reminds me of some kind of green rattlesnale, maybe. But I bet it tastes good !
    For supper, we had perch filet. Bobby made his into a sandwich, like a grilled cheese sandwich, with whole wheat bread, cheese, and the cooked fish, all grilled in melted butter.
    I had mine plain, on a bed of lettuce and with tomato and cucumber slices on the side.
    Tomorrow, I am going to have some more of the cucumbers, chopped and marinated in the hot Szechuan chili sauce, like a fresh kimchee. That hot red pepper sure helps to keep away any bad bugs or viruses, and I like it, too.

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  12. Diane Lane

Registered

That sounds delicious @Yvonne Smith. I haven't had fish in a while, and was eyeing it the last time I was at Kroger. I think I'll buy some next time I go shopping.

I had a pork chop for lunch yesterday, so wanted something different for supper. I ended up making a pizza, and it came out delicious. Here's the thread I started with the pizza crust recipe, it doesn't use yeast.

13. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Leftover reruns today.

14. Diane Lane

Registered

I still have a pork chop and one piece of pizza left for today's lunch and supper, so it's time to start thinking about what I'm going to cook next. To be honest, the pizza was so delicious that I'm thinking of making another, probably tomorrow. After that, I'll be out of pepperoni and pepperoncini, so I'll have to go shopping. I loved that crust, and I think that's going to be my pizza crust from now on.

15. Sheldon Scott

Registered

I bought a package of bbq pulled pork the last trip to town. I'm thinking pulled pork sandwiches and onion rings. I made some deviled eggs too.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016