What Would You Do If You Won The Huge Powerball Jackpot?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

There were at least 3 winners in last night's Lottery…maybe more. And don't forget me…I won $4 lol.

1. Chino Hills California
    2. Tennessee
    3. Florida

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Every state has different rules. The local ABC affiliate posted a story about what to do, and apparently there is some sort of trust that winners can go through to circumvent the requirement of winners going public in Texas, then the funds can be funneled elsewhere from that trust. I like the sound of that, at least once I checked into the trust to ensure it was legitimate and trustworthy. There was a million dollar winner here in Texas, but it wasn't me. I did win $4 though, same as in the last drawing, and I'll probably plow that back into the lottery, since it was found money.

Haha, @Mari North , i was going to say a decent SUV, but since you said think big, a house would be nice. Nothing too extravagant, but a chunk of land away from the things of man would be really good, as long as it came with a strong internet signal :D.

Here's a story about some folks who've won various lotteries, and how they've given back with their winnings:

3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I do know one thing I am not one of those individuals who stand around saying it won't change my life. Come on how can it not. I have given this thought, I do know that I would want a bigger house. Not a mansion mind you just something with more room and storage. I also know that I would work, but not for a pay check but on something I want to do. Yes, for me winning a lottery such as the one recently won is an opportunity to be able do the dream job that maybe we thought was never possible before. I would also be able to not have to worry about medical cost for new glasses or a knee transplant, both of which I need but my health coverage won't cover.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I definitely agree with you @Hannah Davis. I know people who have come into a few thousand dollars and been changed, so obviously there would be changes with millions or billions suddenly available. I'd love a nice place that was all fixed up, without things constantly breaking or just not working to start with, and would like to have less neighbors, and ones that tended to share my values. I've been saying for years that if I won the lottery or somehow came into a huge amount of money, I'd build a compound. My family and some other loves ones would be welcome, and there'd be some communal areas, as well as separate homes for each group/individual. Animals would definitely be involved, and so would gardens and running water :).