What Will We Be Cloning Next ?

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So, alright, this is not exactly conspiracy or paranormal; but we do not have any place for science-related or archaeology posts (hint, hint @Ken Anderson); and it doesn't fit under any of the other headings either, so here is where it is going to go .
    I want to start with the fact that scientists are working on cloning a Wooley Mammoth, and will be using an Asian elephant as a surrogate mother.
    Around a year ago, they discovered the remains of a Woolley Mammoth in a remote part of Russia, and frozen into the tundra, which had preserved the body for all of these years. They actually found flesh, and blood that was usable for cloning a Mammoth.
    They plan to use the Aisian elephant as the mother; but it will remain to be seen of the two specials are close enough related that the elephant can carry the mammoth full term and produce a live birth.
    This is not exactly cloning, like they did with the sheep; but it is using the mammoth DNA. To replicate more mammoths.
    If this works with the mammoth, then what will we try cloning next ?

2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

tmp_4235-iceman-murder-mystery-vi542045721.jpg I read about this back when the mammoth was discovered. I didn't know when it would be done though.

What could be next, who knows? Probably anything that might work.

Remember a long time ago when the Ice Man was discovered after the ice that had preserved his body melted? I read that women were writing in to whatever lab the body was in, offering to be the surrogate mother of his child.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  3. Yvonne Smith

What you are suggesting is basically the same place that I have been going with this thread, @Ruby Begonia .
    Not only have preserved bodies been found in ice; but we have also found bodies of early giants who inhabited parts of the earth.
    Here is where the Bible comes into play, at least for me.
    The Bible talks about the Nephilim Giants being here on the earth. The main one was Nimrod, who was the one in charge of building the Tower of Babel . Nimrod was a giant, and pictures or carvings portray him with a full-grown lion under his arm like a toy doll.

After the people were scattered, and the languages confounded, Nimrod was known by many other names.
    One of those names was Gilgamesh, and there is a long story about him, called the Epic of Gilgamesh.
    Now......here is where this story gets really interesting !
    In 2003, Iraq announced that they had found the tomb of Gilgamesh. Shortly after that, we sent our American military to Iraq, and the tomb was one of the first things we raided, and took things from. The whole area was under heavy military guard while this was done.
    Nimrod/Gilgamesh was supposed to be the first version of anti-Christ. If he has been found, and his DNA can be recreated, he could again appear, along with cloned Giants from the past.
    What a huge and terrorible army those would make !
    I read about this in Rob Skiba's book; but here is a short and similar description of what some Bible scholars are saying about this.

http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2...mrod-for-wherever-the-carcass-is-2465140.html

4. Ruby Begonia

Registered

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I have not heard of this and wonder why they'd want to clone an extinct mammal anyway, seems like a waste of money and time. what would happen if the creature is not the same as the one they had hoped to bring back to life and they'd have created some sort or monster that society would have to kill? It's not wise to bring back something extinct as the woolly mammoth or an ice age person for it's not their time to be alive either. I disagree with the Harvard professor to bring back to life a woolly mammoth today because it might be too cruel to bring back something that doesn't exist today and how will it mate?

6. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Krissttina, I appreciate your points of caring for the well being of each. I agree about the risk of creating something dangerous that would have to be killed; that would be so sad.

As for mating, plenty of people and animals are sterilized/spayed/neutered, etc. so I don't see that as a problem if no offspring is desired.

Just thinking about it, I can't imagine how the mammoth (or human) would be exactly the same as the parent from the DNA sample, since the other parent is different. I don't know much about this, but it is interesting! I wonder if the "cloned" mammoth would be naturally sterile, like most mules?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Debbie Allen

Debbie Allen Veteran Member
    Registered

Dolly the Sheep was cloned and they found out that the age of death was the same from the original and the cloned one. The cloded sheep did not live past the point that the Original lived.
    As far as things that have died....IMHO they died for a reason.

Then we have the first test tube child, who is all grown up now and has her own child/ren. I have not read about anymore of the test tube children and I think that is becasue we now have Invitor fertilzation. Many are so afraid of what is new they cling to what is old and try to bring that back.
    Scary, if you ask me. I cannot pervieve a T-Rex running around or those Velosoraptors (sp) eating and chasing down anything that is on the earth now......including people.

8. Ruby Begonia

Registered

In the video Yvonne posted, there was a reference as to why. It was something like this:

Since it's believed man caused the extinction of the wooly mammoth, maybe its man's resposiblity to bring it back.

Go figure.

Debbie Allen likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm always for experimenting as long as it's not inhumane or dangerous but that's always a fine line.

Without advancements we will become stagnant and eventually die out. I find cloning interesting although I don't know too much about since Dolly.

Bringing back a wooly mammoth in my opinion would maybe help scientists learn some new things. To bring it back for the sake of having wooly mammoths again...I don't know.

My 6 yr old grandson would love it, because after elephants, wooly mammoths are a favorite of his. :)

10. Yvonne Smith

Actually, I am a whole lot more concerned about some country using the DNA from the Giants , and then recreating some powerful species that is 10 feet tall. That would be a very formidable army to have to fight !
    The reason that I heard when I first read about using the mammoth DNA with elephant DNA, was that they wanted to make something that could do the work of the elephant, and still stand the cold if it were used up in the high mountains, such as the Hymalayas. So, developing an army with superior size and strength also makes a lot of sense.
    The Bible says in the last days that the earth will be like it was in the days of Noah, and most of us have taken that to mean just the "eating and drinking" part and godlessness.
    We do certainly have that, but it does not rule out the possibility of Giants being created with hybridization , since we know they also existed during the same Noaic timeframe.

You do not have to believe in the Bible to see this possibility , and just seeing what they are doing with DNA and hybrids, as well as cloning, is enough to make anyone consider the possibilities .

Debbie Allen likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

In wars now though, we drop bombs on our enemies, bombs can also kill giants I would think.