What Will Occupy You Upon Retiring With Good Enough Amount Of Money?

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Corie Henson, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

At this early - more than 5 years to go before I retire - I'm already thinking of what I would be doing. No more waking up too early and leaving for work at 5 am. With the retirement pay I would receive, it can tide us over for 20 years or so. Another employment is an option since I'm still young at age 60. But how could I cope if I don't get another job?

Traveling is not the answer since it involved expenses. I need to be thrifty somehow so my retirement will not be consumed that fast. Let me think of what to do after my retirement.

2. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Now I know why I'm not considering to retire ever, do you know why? Because I stopped worrying about waking up early in the morning and to to work since over 20 years ago when I started to work from home.

All what is expected one should do when retiring time comes up, I have already done it since I was 18-20 years old, like traveling without caring about having to work and don't worry about money because my parents financed my lazy-crazy years.

This is why I feel it's better to use my senior years to do what I did not through my youth years; take life seriously, because I will not receive any money at the retirement age because I formally worked for a few months throughout my whole life.

Financially speaking I will only depend on Federal and State senior support, besides my own money-making effort.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh, I don't think I'll ever be able to retire really, simply because I don't anticipate having the money to do so. Between Social Security and a few odd jobs online, perhaps I'll be able to work less at some point, but it wouldn't be a retirement as defined by most people. We don't have a mortgage on our house anymore, and our land will be paid up next month or the month after that, as we have only one or two payments to go.