What Was The Best Or Worst Advice You Ever Gave?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Avigail David, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

While you hold a belief in one and only one God, in a man-made religion, or in Science as the imperative one-answer-for-all morality for mankind, in New Testament only Scripture of faith: What is your advice to a young woman who is carrying a child out of wedlock? To a practicing same-sex union? To a dying friend because of cancer? To a young man/woman who was convicted of murder and is sentenced to death?

When sought for advice, whatever advice you gave: will it help this friend, an inmate you've felt the need to help in his last days, or a loved one? Will this person's life become ready and be prepared to make his life and position in life better; be able to think things through to become a better person realizing that life matters and has a purpose why?

Is practical unconditional gracious love of God sufficient, in any moment and in any circumstance?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

After hearing through others that a friend of mine was planning on getting married - twice - and twice it never happened, my friend shared with me her feelings. She couldn't understand why she would want to be around one particular gentleman and why she missed not being around him. Why is that she asked me? Knowing her as I do and the aforementioned events, I simply told her that what she felt was the need for companionship not commitment. Immediately I could see the tenseness in her face disappear.

I feel that was the best advice that I ever gave.

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know if I have given any good advice over the years, I am sure I have but I can't say, I know I have tried to be there when a friend needed someone to talk to and just be there with no judgment. I do hope I have been of service to someone at some time.

4. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

. I will give an opinion but don't do the advice bit. We unconsciously give advice that would suit us and not the person asking