What Things Do You Miss At This Point In Your Life?

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Lon Tanner, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I miss many things but right now I would like to get on a plane to Guatemala and spend several weeks
    sight seeing. There are several other places I would like to go as well. I can afford to do it but age and health make that impractical. Maybe in my next life.

Holly Saunders and Bess Barber like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well today I miss the controlled chaos of having our little kids in the house. The holidays make me sentimental about Christmases past. (Plus my husband is in the other room, editing old Christmas videos and I hear the kids singing Jingle Bells.)

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Dancing - singing and sightseeing, near empty roads and plenty of parking spaces
    Men respecting women - women respecting themselves

4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

OK, nevermind, I'll just keep what I miss to myself. :D:D

Patsy Faye and Shirley Martin like this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Cheeky Bub :p

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I miss getting in the car and going south in the fall like we used to.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I reallllllyyyyyyy miss the Huge parties we had as an extended family at my grandparents house...

I'm from Irish/Scottish stock, all very much people who will party at the drop of a hat, getting musical instruments out and everyone singing... I miss all my aunties and uncles, my grandparents.. and all my cousins from those party days.. we might not have had much , but those great sing-along musical parties where everyone was crammed into my grandads little tenement home, were fabulous..and there was always an open invite to all his neighbours too...

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just asked my wife this question and she said, "not working". I understand that, because she gets pretty bored at home, whereas I don't.

As for me, I, in a way, miss the Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthday gatherings my wife's family had when we lived in So California. However, it wasn't always happy/joyful when my wife's one sister, who is clinically diagnosed with Schizophrenia, got mad at something/someone. As for my wife, she doesn't miss those get-togethers at all, due to her sister's mental problem.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I miss traveling more than anything. I was such a free spirit at heart and though nothing of picking up and just taking off.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Good health, the physical energy as a young man and the club life at my tennis club with team competitions and tournaments. It had just been great.

12. Jess Santorio

Jess Santorio Well-Known Member
    Registered

I always wonder why people want to see other countries, when there are so many interesting places to see inside their own country - unless they want to move to another place because their country is so miserable (and blame the government which of course is composed of their own people, so blame themselves, and do something about it).

For myself I will just watch documentaries on television or in the internet free, in regard to interesting sights in other countries, that is very enjoyable and very thrifty, and most comfortable.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I miss that, too, @Lois Winters ! All my life, I have been pretty much of a vagabond, and I love going places and seeing new (and old) things. I would love to go on a train trip again, you can see so much, and it does not follow the highways.

Beth Gallagher and Lois Winters like this.
  14. Jess Santorio

Jess Santorio Well-Known Member
    Registered

I miss my departed wife very badly, because she was a wonderful partner to me and a good mother to our two kids, and also I must add, she earned more income than I did.

So I read a lot about how to contact the dead, but it is all un-reliable.

There are peoples who can get into a trance and come to contact with the dead and also spirits, but when they come out of the trance they can't recall anything.

However, their audience get to know about their departed loved ones, and also get messages from them, and also from spirits.

And you know what, they obtain advice on medical problems and how to remedy them, and they testify that the advice worked.

Now, if you are into lottery, the trance persons can come to departed souls and/or spirits who can help you to win prizes in the lottery.

Then you give these trance persons some donation i.e. cash gift.

No, I have not resorted to trance mediums, because I know what my wife would tell me, namely, use your intelligence.

Nonetheless, I really enjoy reading about all kinds of what are called paranormal phenomena i.e. events or occurrences with select humans.

Do we witness paranormal events with animals like our pet dogs and cats at home?

Once I attended the burial of a neighbor who died without anyone knowing about it that he would be leaving, but one neighbor recalled that he heard the neighborhood dogs howling on the evening when that departed neighbor died.

So, dogs can see the approach of death with humans, or more correctly, they can smell the approach of death with humans.

How's that for paranormal phenomenon with animals?

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm just wondering how my post about Christmas memories equates to a paranormal experience. o_O:D:D

Yvonne Smith likes this.