What Small Thing Would Make Your Life A Little Better?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith and @Lara Moss ..I wish I lived near you..I'd love to be a real friend to both of you, I hold great store in loyal true friends...so i totally understand you...and Yvonne, I totally agree a car that is reliable is really a must have...doesn't have to be anything expensive or special, but reliable, and cheap to run, is really a basic must IMO !!

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, there are so many things, and most are not small. I really miss being able to pay someone to do the yard work. It's a struggle to get it done, and doesn't cost that much here, since it's a popular field of work. A new stove would make a world of difference, as well. New tires and getting the car checked out to see what's causing the squeaky noise would be amazing, and would enable me to get out of the house more. I don't mind driving. I actually enjoy it, as long as it's not during rush hour or in lots of traffic. I also prefer not to drive around a lot of big trucks since the accident, although one or two don't bother me.

3. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Hehehee @Ike Willis you are a funny individual! :D I was just about to go looking for a graphic to tell @Terry Page he can have that one instead of the French maid he wanted... but then I saw your pic and that's *exactly* what I had in mind to choose so I don't need to now. Since you don't want her, maybe you can pass 'er along to Terry? :p

4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't think he'd appreciate it much though.:)

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I hate to read this Diane, these things are so small and easily fixed if only you had the money or someone who could do them for you....I wish I lived near you, my husband would do all of that work for you so easily... ..

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

True I wouldn't Ike, now to be fair who would you pick @Mari North to be your chauffeur or houseboy :rolleyes::)

c32b78c6-47fa-4972-9e7f-2a0626628539.jpg temp2.jpg

7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, I've been thinking on this since the question was asked, and I think a roommate would benefit me the most. Someone to talk to, share chores, go places with, and in general be friends with.

I'm like @Lara Moss , I've never had many friends. I did have a friend that was needy as well. We were friends for 22 years, and most of the time I was always helping her financially. Then all of the sudden she disappeared, but only after she took me for $10,000 in cash and jewelry.

But I do look at each of you as friends. No one else in my life has been as supportive. I went to meet and visit @Yvonne Smith last spring, and she is as genuine as they come. This gave me the courage to reach out to all of you.

8. Mari North

Registered

Oh @Terry Page , you are a card! :D Okay, I'll play... I would choose the top dude and put him on the treadmill and yank that cigar from him. But I"m serious! That pretty boy would have his mind on girls most likely, and my housework wouldn't get done. And if chauffeur, I'd hate to have him crash me while fixing his hair in the mirror. So... THERE! :p

9. Mari North

Registered

First of all, I love your new avatar, @Ina I. Wonder ... beautiful! Thankfully I've never had anyone try to take advantage of me financially... at least not that I found out about! But local friends? Nah. I'm a stick to myself kind of girl and when I tried the "friend thing" I didn't like it... always having to explain why I didn't want to constantly go places or do things.

Even worse was having someone just show up at the door when I didn't want a visitor. Tried it... wasn't for me.

I wasn't always like that... I had close friends through all my schooling and beyond. I still have most of them on Facebook and I know that I would only need to ask for something and they'd be there... but daily, or even weekly interaction... nope.

I have found that my true Internet friends are *much* closer to me and more trustworthy than local friends would be. I have always thought that strange, but seeing the answers here has certainly validated my feelings on that!

10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

You are possibly right @Mari North but I am sure you could hold his attention ;).........then again the top guy could be a project for times when life may be boring :)

Mari North and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  11. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I think they're men.

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

If somebody would invent a chocolate candy that would make me young, beautiful, super duper smart and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. :D

13. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

No doubt about it... a house man to clean and even cook a meal now an then. I prefer a guy able to handle heavier things like moving furniture, shampooing carpets, etc.

Either that, or a fancy new upstairs bathroom.

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm at the point in my life that I could care less about a bathroom, Ruby. I have 2, only use the one in my room.

I should teach Pickles, he could have his own bathroom. FANCY dog! :)

I'll take a strong man though.

Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  15. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me for this boast. When my husband's brother was here a few weeks ago on a vacation from US, he and my husband were talking on the differences of lifestyles. One thing that caught my ear is the housemaid. There are no housemaids in the US and they have to do everything by themselves while here, we have 2 housemaids who could even give us a brief massage at bedtime aside from doing all the chores in the house. So I guess I have a better life that most when it comes to household work.

And for changing my present life to be better? Maybe I would buy a new appliance like washing machine or computer.