What Signs Tell You That You're Getting Older?

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Thomas Stearn, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I would like to sleep longer but I wake up between 5 to 6:30 AM and must get up then. I would like to go to bed later than 10:00 PM but just can't stay up.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a night owl; usually up until 2 a.m. or later. I typically get up between 9 and 10 a.m.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a night owl too.. I got to bed very late sometimes 2 am, but I can't sleep past 7am...

4. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

i go to bed at 9 and get up at 6.30

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Usually in bed and Asleep between 10- 10:30. Up between 4 am...which I hate..or between 5:30 and 6.

6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Another night owl here. I have no set pattern, but rarely go to bed before 2 am, and then only when I feel really sleepy. Sometimes wake up around 8 am, but can go right back to sleep if I choose to.

I don't care much for sleeping. The days go by too fast anyway. Wish you could take a pill instead, and avoid it. :D

By the way, I just had a nightmare that the neighbor built a 30 foot high concrete block wall between my house and his, that ran completely across the street out front. The good part was, it sure cut down on the traffic in front of the house. ;)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Gosh Gee Whiz Betty---We are the same age. Think that has anything to do with our sleep?

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We usually go to bed somewhere between 10-11, although occasionally earlier or later than that. Bobby wakes up sometime in the early morning hours, so he is already up and has often had a whole pot of coffee to drink before i even wake up enough to open my eyes.
    Mostly, I sleep until around 8, but somewhere between 7-9 is about the right average for when I get up in the morning.
    I am totally NOT a night owl, but not a “sunrise” person like Bobby is either.

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

In bed around 10:30 - 11:00. Wake up 7:30 - 8:00. I am blessed that I don't have trouble sleeping.

10. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Whenever I want on both counts.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Whenever I want to. Sometimes I am in bed by midnight, but usually, it's about one or two o'clock in the morning, sometimes later. Sometimes I am up by seven, but sometimes (once, last week) I sleep until four in the afternoon - more commonly, ten or so.

12. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny you should ask that question...
    We are night owls ever since we were in business many years ago.. We had video rental shops in Montreal and we opened up the store at 12:00 noon daily but closed at 2:00am which made us night owls as far as our work goes.. That was many years ago..
    We also have family living in New Zealand and the time difference is 18 hours ahead of us.. We sometimes Skype or just e-mail each other,,
    Today, being retired for many years, we still have that system in us.. Also we realise that nothing happens in the mornings and everything goes on at night, such as good TV programs, so why go to bed early.. Unless we have an appointment, we don't get up till we get up..
    Now, that said, we generally go to bed around 2:30 to 4:00am and get up (no alarm) noon if not later..

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

LOVE this!!

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, due to my past as a high school farm boy and military years (Navy), I'm pretty much in bed by 10PM and up by 6:45AM. Wife still works a full-time job, so I motivate her into getting up at 6:45, because I get up then. She has to be at work at 8:30AM. Now, if we are watching something on tv, that we really like, and it's not over until 11PM, even though we are recording it on DVR, we might stay up and watch it 'til 11. But, the next morning at 6:45AM, we are hating ourselves for doing that.

Funny, but the times we've been in Las Vegas, we'd generally go to our room at 2PM and nap for a couple of hours. That way we could say up until 11PM or so. Then, the next morning, we'd be up and eating buffet breakfast at 9AM, while the rest of The Strip was still sleeping. Vegas Blvd (The Strip) would be almost totally empty of cars as we headed out for breakfast.

15. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

We're usually in bed by 10 and up between 5 and 6.
    Years ago I used to leave for work at 5:45 am to drive 1-1/2 hours. I'd then leave work about 3 pm and head for bed at 8. She'd stay up til 11 or so and would get up in the morning as I was leaving.