What Our Mailman Said To Me This Morning

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Perhaps you folks don't know this...…...but, this is how much Jacksonville is changing: there are plans in the making right now to completely tear down the Jacksonville Landing. We use to go there quite often with our boat, eat and relax on our boat.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Born in 1949, made my first Westpac/Vietnam Cruise in Dec 1968 and will be 70 this June. Guess that makes me old enough. What so funny is, my wife absolutely loves my humor and how I feel about certain things. And, above all, thanks the Lord that I'm a Christian and that he put us together.

3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I moved a lot in my younger years and lived in different states and countries. Living where you want to be is important. Looking forward is exciting. Travel is broadening. You'll get there.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

And by that same merit you used to tell others that they no longer live in Jacksonville and they (we) do not know what it is like, you do not live in nor have lived in Montana, Colorado, the Dakotas, or any other part of the U.S. except for Jacksonville for years and years. How would you know what each state and each city in those states like and dislike? You don’t!
    Please quit telling people what we do and do not know Cody. No one here dislikes you but you continually ride a darned horse way past when it died which is where you get yourself into trouble. Bury the dead horse and find a good one to ride cowboy.

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Bye Cody. We’ll see you again when you’re tired of arguing with yourself. Have a pleasant rest. :)

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't know where you're getting your info from, but we lived in Colorado for 5 1/2 years and I worked downtown Denver for 4 1/2 of that.

I've been in those other states, but not lived in them. I know rodeo folks from them as well.

There are those that have never been in certain states, but seem to know everything about them. Oh, that's right...….look up on the internet.

And, what about people on here telling ME what I know and don't know???? Please, please Bobby, answer that question for me.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I invite all of the folks on here to come to Jacksonville and live here, then you won't think I'm such an idiot for what I talk about.

Anyway, haven't all of us had enough of this??? Isn't it time to end this, before some really tells someone off and Ken bans someone for life for doing it?

Well, like I already said, Avatar is gone, so now...……...

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Answer: Because you keep telling people what you know and do not know and some of it is slightly erroneous by the same measure you use to tell others they do not know what we are talking about.

Now calm down Cody and let’s try this.
    How long has it been since you lived in Colorado? You see, you told everyone that because we haven’t lived in Jacksonville for a long time that we do not know what we are talking about.
    You haven’t lived in Colorado for YEARS so would not the same logic you use apply to you as well?
    Now, you do not have to argue the point. You’re caught and just can’t seem to make any sense of it all but let’s face it, you really don’t know if people in Colorado listen to MoTown music either.
    Maybe instead, some of them still listen to that black singer, uh, what’s his name, uh.....Charlie Pride, He used to sing a lot of black Country and western because after all, he’s a black guy so his music must be black music.

Mary Robi and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I love Charlie pride...

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Me too. Back in my circles when I lived in Jacksonville, we called it “belly rubbin’ music” . (because we could slow dance obviously)

See Cody? There’s a whole bunch of us white folks who listen to and enjoy black music! :)
    He may be from Mississippi but I’m sure some people in Colorado like him as well as some MoTown folks.
    Maybe even some people in Jacksonville still like him. Can’t say because I haven’t lived in Jacksonville for so long and it such a small town. Lord knows, everyone in Jacksonville likes the same thing and it just isn’t fair that only 2 white people in a a whole city like MoTown black music. Yup. Ya just gotta move if for no other reason than that. :)

Holly Saunders and Mary Robi like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There you go! You can't define an entire city by your mailman or others who you talk to.

You are right about one thing, however. It should come as no surprise to anyone that Jacksonville is a diverse society.

-- Wikipedia

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole ..Charley Pride was a black man singing country western...not black music:);)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, no need to be so defensive. Perhaps when speaking to your "black mailman," you should just think of him as the mailman and leave references to race out of the conversation. We need to make strides to bring people together, not keep harping on our differences. I can see how your misguided attempt to share your "black experience" may have annoyed or insulted him.

Mary Robi likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, I know Gloria. I was just putting a spin on the assumption that MoTown was an all black entertainer’s label, which it wasn’t. Just because a black person sings something doesn’t make it black music.
    Ya kind of have to read back through some posts to get the full effect of why I wrote it the way I did. Satire, nothing more. :)

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered