What Movie Are You Watching Today?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

A week ago, we bought the blu-ray dvd of Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker, came in yesterday and watched it last night. Each time we watch it, we learn more about the movie.

Now, what we didn't like was that J.J. Abrams (Director) included a married lesbian couple in it. They kissed at the end of the movie. J.J. Abrams stated "this movie is for everyone". Come on dude, this movie is fiction, not of modern day!!

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome Hugh--Good to have you join us.

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Where the Heart Is (2000) . -. Natalie Portman, Stockard Channing, Ashley Judd, James Frain, Dylan Bruno ..(commercial-free Audience channel on cable)

Not very good. Too many unbelievable things happened. At least I learned who Portman, Judd, and Frain are. Hope I can remember their names next time I see them. :rolleyes:

4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm watching "Day One", a dramatic 1989 TV-Movie about the Manhattan Project. It comes pretty close to actual events that occurred in that historical period. Acting was excellent!

I have several films and books on the subject, both Documentary and Hollywood.

The schematic diagram below is a fairly accurate cutaway of the "Little Boy" Uranium bomb that destroyed Hiroshima on 8-6-1945. Three days later "Fat Man", a Plutonium bomb, destroyed Nagasaki, and on 9-2-45, Japan surrendered without the need of a bloody invasion, which would have cost possibly a million lives on both sides, and WW2 was over!

Note components "S" and "H", which were the 140 pounds of Uranium rings that detonated with the force of 13,000 tons of TNT!
    Hal
    little-boy-bomb.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  5. Hal Pollner

Registered

Watching an Easter Movie...4 hours long.

Here's one scene:

"Normal Speed..."

"Battle Speed....."

"Attack Speed......."

"Ramming Speed........."

(You know the movie...)
    Happy Easter
    Hal

6. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Ben Hur

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Lost count times I have watched this classic epic. For mine the pick of the Hollywood sword & sandal films produced at that time.

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Hal Pollner

Registered

Yesterday I watched 7-1/2 hours of Jesus Christ stories.

"Ben Hur" 4 hours.

"The Greatest Story Ever Told" 3-1//2 hours.

Am I a better Christian for that?

Hal

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Last night, we watched our dvd movie, Risen. Great Easter Sunday movie.

10. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

While writing this, I'm watching a documentary about Rosamunde Pilcher's country/county Cornwall.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  11. Hal Pollner

Registered

Today I'll watch either "The Green Mile" or "Birdman of Alcatraz".

Hal

Nancy Hart likes this.
  12. Craig Wilson

Registered

An oddity called Elizabeth Harvest. A aging genetic scientist tries to relive his youth by cloning a young woman and then marrying her. We find out that this is not his first cloning of the same girl but his fifth over several decades. He had disposed of the previous girls for various reasons. Further murder and mayem ensue when the new bride enters a forbidden room that houses his latest cloned experiment on the verge of being "born".

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A couple of nights ago I watched a Hallmark adaptation of Mark Twain’s book, “Roughing It” on YouTube.

It pretty much starts and ends with Samuel Clements (James Garner) giving a speech to a college graduating class with cutaways showing a much younger Clements during his trial by fire days searching for riches during the silver and gold rush / mining era of Nevada.
    It’s a given that in the Hallmark fashion there was some humor, action, adventure and of course, drama and sadness involved and no, it wasn’t the best of movies I have ever seen but it did have an extreme redeeming value to it.

There were 5 or 6 times that the movie would cut back to S. Clements in the lecture hall giving a synopsis of what he had actually learned from the events he had recounted and each time, the lesson learned wasn’t necessarily the lesson I thought he would have learned. His was better, much better.

For sheer entertainment I would probably only give it about 3 stars but that said, I really believe the movie should be shown to each and every senior high school and / or graduating college student in America.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  14. Craig Wilson

Registered

Who has seen the 2014 thriller flick Amnesiac? Kate Bosworth and Wes Bentley are the leads. A man (Bentley) is being attended to my by his wife (Bosworth) for multiple injuries and acute amnesia after a car accident. As he recovers his memory he realizes that things are not as they appear. This movie had the makings of being an excellent psychological chiller, along the lines of Misery, but the narrative was sadly lost with too much senseless violence and gore.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  15. Hal Pollner

Registered

Spartacus, starring Woody Allen.

Hal