What Made You Love Reading And Writing?

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Avigail David, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders I could never have guessed, based on the wording of your OP. No toys, how much happiness, I wonder? Small wonder at the adoption of reference to "dolly", then.

I imagine the skeletons I've released from their graves have either directed readers to browse elsewhere, or sympathize, or doubt validity. Personally, I had plenty of toys, and friends (until I burned my face off!).

You are sharing pain? Or, am I understanding incorrectly? Frank

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Books were one of my favorite things as a child, too. My folks had a little neighborhood store, and we had living space in the back; so that is where I spent all of my time. My mom got me a set of those Little Golden Books, and I loved all of the stories, and Pokey Little Puppy was my favorite. I knew it by heart, before i was even able to read, and that was part of how I learned to read.
    Then came cowboy books, and I had a wonderful book that was full of cowboy stories and a horse called "Noonday Sun", who became my dream horse. Roy Rogers comics followed that.
    Since I was an only child, and my mom was usually busy in the store, reading was an important part of my young life.

3. Teresita Campaner

Teresita Campaner Veteran Member
    Registered

As a student i love reading as a way of knowing what other people are doing in their lives. When i reached college, due to some financial constraints, i worked as a student assistant in the library. When i graduated from college i was taken as one of the staff in the library and later on sent for a graduate study of library science. If given the chance again, i would still choose to work in the library as i come to love books and learning from reading books.

Avigail David likes this.