What Kind Of Memories Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Al Amoling, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It has been said that a lot of dogs have a 1000 word vocabulary they fully understand. I really believe that to be true because I had one dog that was amazing and I could trust her to stay by my side or near me unleashed near a busy road or street, if a ball or Frisbee accidentally was heading for a street or road all I had to do was tell her no come here and she would ignore the two and come to me. I could go to the races and leave her in the truck and the windows down, so she could get in and out if needed. If she was outside my truck I could tell her to go to the truck and she would pick out my pickup and go up and thru the window. She died of cancer and just withered away, it just killed me. She was about 13 and initially belonged to my sister in San Diego and her and her boyfriend broke up so she ask me if I would take her. I happened to be going to San Diego by air and I put her in a nice comfy carrier the airline provided and when we landed at the Houston International, long before it became Bush. You could hear her all over the airport crying out loud just as soon as I walked up to the counter to retrieve her she heard my voice and she was with me everyday for 10 years every place I went she rode in the truck with me. Everyone loved her.

Beth Gallagher and Tony Page like this.