What Is Your One Most Personally Rewarding Achievement?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Frank Sanoica, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

"all three of us know this may be the last time.........ever."

That will be a bittersweet visit, @Frank Sanoica. Saying good-bye is the hardest part.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

That's quite a story, @Frank Sanoica. Don't know how I would have coped or turned out under similar circumstances. Hope the best for your meeting next month.

Frank Sanoica and Thomas Stearn like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs
    We seem to have coped with, and dealt with the problems and questions arising throughout a lifetime of being part of a very dysfunctional family. My own problems with my new wife's family were used by my family to strengthen their ridiculous mindset against me. My nephews both dealt with that by continuing to support me unbeknownst to their parents and sisters. The age difference between them and me, 5 years and 9, made this easier for them to "pull-off". My older nephew, whom I grew up with early on like a brother, has uncharacteristically over the last 15 years allowed a second wife who grew up "poor as dirt" to bankrupt him, squandering his retirement lump sum payout. He now works part time at age 71 to make the mortgage payment, while she continues to take as much advantage of him as possible. None of us can understand the turn-about he displays seemingly supporting her entirely, while the rest of us, his first three boys included, have grown to despise her.
    Frank

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry @Frank Sanoica You seemed to have coped to have become what you are despite the disfuncynality of families. On meetings a head of you and your get together soon and in future, I wish you well and much luck.

5. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Quite different from others posted but per topic my personally most rewarding was some years back with real eyes to see with going to a world shooting event missing the 1st target honestly and hitting the next 99 and not even placing yet I was floating in the clouds smiling & happy. Nerves got me I think.
    The same year and following going to 12 state shoots and winning 3 of them.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica .. perhaps if I was using a different name on here , I could post on here how dysfunctional my family was and still is. At the risk of post being seen by my children and grand kids later on down the line- even after I am gone-I will refrain.
    Yours sounds almost normal to me ;)

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

We might all be surprised at how dysfunctional the most normal seeming families are @Gloria Mitchell .

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll answer this question instead, because I don't consider it an "achievement."
    I moved away from home at just the right time, and far enough away that I couldn't run home every time something unpleasant happened.

No criticism of my family at all.

I just think that one little decision probably changed things more than any other single event.

Bill Boggs likes this.