What Is Your Favorite Comfort Food Or Drink?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You know what I'm talking about...that one food or drink you crave when stressed, feeling low, etc. Mine is usually some kind of chocolate with lots of caramel in it. Snickers Simply Caramel often "comforts" me just fine. :)

How about you? What's your comfort food or drink?

2. Julie Stewart

Julie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

• Tea and biscuits
    • To be taken on a sofa underneath a comfy fleece
    • With either (a) a good book to hand or (b) a good film on TV
    • To be served with love by somebody close who understands how you're feeling

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I understand all of that really well @Julie Stewart. I kind of have a ritual for comfort too. And my Honey can almost always tell when I am in need of comfort and he is so good about bringing me home a Snickers caramel bar without me even asking. :)

Julie Stewart likes this.
  4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Anything you can make with a potato. I also love bread and can make a meal out of anything as long as I have bread.

Krissttina Isobe and Babs Hunt like this.
  5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

First, I love Mexican food. I love nachos, enchiladas, refried beans, chips and salsa, burritos, and tacos. My next comfort food is a tall, TALL glass of Dr. Pepper over ice. Dr. Pepper, I am ashamed to say, makes me happy.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

"Comfort foods"..........wow, don't get me going on that one. We have WAY to many! LOL

Well, to name one: hot buttered popcorn (plenty of butter and just enough popcorn salt) and a Coke at the theater. I mean, the large (biggest) popcorn along with a single large Coke. Went to a movie last Friday night and, during the movie, went thru an entire large popcorn and most of the Coke (wife and I shared each). And then, I went back to the Snack Bar and got a refill on the popcorn. Ate some more during the movie and the rest at home. Actually, to tell the truth about this, the popcorn and Coke was our supper.

Krissttina Isobe and Babs Hunt like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

POTATOES ! Yum yum - any way they come ...................:p

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh.........YES!!:D

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Love that Tex-Mex.

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Probably potatoes in any shape and cheese. As for drinks, I have none. I'm fine with water and don't like anything else unless it's a green juice extract drink and that would be healthy and not comfort.

I hate root beer and Dr Pepper, I never understood why anybody would like that. I'm trying but can't think of one drink I like. Guess I'm strange.

11. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I would have to say pizza. There is nothing that a good pizza can't fit. I also love potato chips in various forms doughnuts, and ice cream. I adore carbs in any form though...so I will eat just about anything I think is good. Some junk food doesn't turn me on particularly though...it has to be something gooey and yummy.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh my..do I feel like a big dufus! :oops: Milky Way...not Snickers makes my favorite Simply Caramel "comfort food" .. if my husband wouldn't have surprised me with one today I guess I would have never noticed my mistake. :) And I guess while I'm at it I should also say it's my favorite "comfort candy" instead of food.

thsimply caramel bar.jpg

For my comfort food I would have to go with all of you that said "potatoes"...any way but fried or in heavy sauces.

13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Snapple iced tea, peach.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Pik-Nik shoestring potatoes with now days fruit drink or Powerade with zero calories.
    [​IMG]
    I love the original shoestring potatoes. When I was young I'd love to drink Royal Crown cola and eat this watching television. I love this then and now, but I limit myself to just a few bites at a time now. I love musubi or riceballs with miniature dried anchovy too for comfort food. Saimin comes in a close second too with all the fixings...must have cut spam too with saimin. [​IMG] image from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onigiri.
    [​IMG]
    This is iriko or dried anchovy. Image from http://ecvv.com/product/1760968.html

Joe Riley likes this.
  15. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Even when I was younger, cakes and pastries never fail to delight my taste buds. When there are occasions like birthdays and weddings, my attendance will not be complete without a slice. I have noticed that when I am stressed out, a slice or 2 of chocolate cake would console me especially if there is a soda on the side. But since I am overweight, people tell me to keep my distance on cakes if I am on a diet. That's the reason why I quit dieting.