What Is Your Dress Style?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Babs Hunt, May 16, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

20160824200842_80396.jpg

For the most part I don't even wear dresses anymore, they just don't fit my lifestyle which is very casual most of the time. But when I do have an occasion to "dress up" I love maxi dresses and I'm glad I am able to find many I like now days. The one above showed up in an ad on my Facebook page and I saved the image of it in case I could think of an occasion I would have to wear this one.

What is your dress style? For the most part I'm just a jeans and t-shirt woman. And even dress up time is mostly nicer pants and fancier tops. :) I've never felt comfortable in short dresses or skirt...even when I had the legs for them. :) But I do love maxi dresses and longer skirts, especially with boots. :) I don't even like to shop and for the most part you will find me shopping, especially for new clothes...only when I really need something. On the other hand my five sisters love shopping so I guess I'm the oddball here. :)

Patsy Faye and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I do like the dress above - too low though and I prefer midi length, I'll just trip up on the maxi :p
    I 'love' dresses and skirts. I'm looking for a pair of trousers right now, but haven't found any I like :rolleyes:
    They have some hideous styles today :p

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm too short to wear Maxi dresses now, much as I love them. I was ok in my youth when they were in fashion in the 70's because I could increase my height by wearing very high heels..but not nowadays.

I work for a living so I have a certain standard of corporate dress... otherwise I dress very casually away from work... knee length dresses in the summer... and shorts, or jeans and t-shirts.. etc... I love knee length boots..and will wear them at any opportunity, I have too many to count..also ankle boots...

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Easier to say what I don't wear....I don't wear T Shirts or dresses that hit at the knee, they have to be below or above.

In Fresno in the summer the coolest thing to wear is simple summer dresses and I have a bunch of them from. Simple to dressy.

In winter I wear leggings and long tops.

Spring and fall it's capris.

I have more clothes than I need and when at home I usually wear the same comfy things I like.

Most of my clothes are from Nordstroms courtesy of my daughter and I like a few different brands of their blouses. It's not something I would buy myself because it's out of my price range.
    The blouses I like range from $60- $88.

Macy's carries the summer dresses I like and every year I get a new batch...the new line isn't out yet or at least wasn't last month when we looked but the ones from last year are still good.

On my feet it's either Uggs, flip flops or tennis shoes. I do have some dressier sandals if needed.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

View attachment 16831 IMG_0896.JPG This is from 2 years ago but I have about 8 dresses like this in different colors and patterns that I wear around the house in Fresno. I don't even need a bra because of the way it's cut.

they're a t shirt type material, pack well, wash well and don't wrinkle.

It's hard to tell from the pic but the top is a low empire waist so it works well without a bra.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep - I like that waist style

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep, it's the most comfortable type of dress I own. The bottom part is not fitted but not too flowy either...when you sit there is room comfortably for a muffin top. :)

I'm waiting to see what this years style will be like...every year it's a slight change...the dress in the pic has two pretty big pockets that you can't see...last year the dresses didn't ha e pockets.

Macy's has them and I get them when they're on sale...they're cheaper than target or Walmart then.

Regular price on these is $49.99 but I've always paid about $25- $29.99.

I have a few very light sweaters in different colors that I will put over them when I go in the freezing supermarket.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - oh yes, those freezing supermarkets :rolleyes:
    I have to change when I get back home as I wrap up to venture there, too bloomin :cool:

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Here is a pic of most of these dresses...theyre draped over the end of my sleigh bed...I may have missed one or two
    But you get the idea...

IMG_0903.JPG

Babs Hunt and Patsy Faye like this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

'Love' the colours and prints :)

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I know...it's terrible! Don't understand why they have to be soooo cold. I'm going out soon so I have long pants on and a jogging jacket and tennis shoes...I'll have to turn the A/C on in the car but if I go dressed cooler I can't stand being in the store and have to rush shopping.

Maybe it's just us because I see younger people in shorts and sleeveless and they don't look cold, lol

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

People say to me - its not 'that' cold out
    I say - well its bloomin cold in the supermarket, I'll change when I get back :rolleyes:
    Saw a little girl last summer, she had a sleeveless thin summer dress on and was absolutely shivering
    poor little girl (aged around 7)

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I guess it depends on the person, my daughter shivers more than I do!

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

I'd like to see you standing in the aisle with a sleeveless cotton dress on - I bet you'd 'shiver' :p
    It was freezing in there

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I know I would shiver!

Patsy Faye likes this.