What If...

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Tony Page, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

What if Leonardo da Vinci was alive today and he saw a simple thing like cereal boxes with simple artwork on it. Think he'd be amazed by the artwork? Or maybe he'd just enjoy the cereal.

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

How would President Lincoln feel today if he was alive and seen how America is? I mean, a lot of us on this forum get shocked/disgusted with what's going on today, just wonder if any political figures from way, way back would feel or anyone from back then.

I'm sure there are a lot of people in their 80's that are truly shocked about what's going on today. Heck, wife and I are almost in our mid 70's and we are very shocked.

Tony Page likes this.
  3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree I'm not happy about what's going on today. I wonder if that's a natural evolution of freedom, or if we just didn't vote correctly, or raise our children correctly.
    We're the ones that didn't say anything when they didn't allow prayer in School, or before football game. There are many more examples like that. Look at the ways Freedom was used to stop the good things the things that build character and a good civilization.
    Just an opinion.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's an interesting question. I would think he would at first be overwhelmed by the design, clarity, and possibly detail. Then it would all begin to look like mass-produced crap to him, lacking any nuance or humanity whatsoever.

As an aside...I've been in gold & silver shops and seen people bring in sets of sterling silver for the melt-down value. To me, it's art being destroyed for money. Then I wonder what would happen if a rare substance was discovered in da Vinci's paints, making their salvage value worth way more than their value on the art market. Would the owner melt them down? It's happening every day, on a less-visible level.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Lincoln would be angry at the behaviour of politicians today, while he got shot in the head for nothing.

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

How would a great military men feel General MacArthur, General Patton, General Eisenhower, Captain Crunch Huh?

Krystal Shay and John Brunner like this.
  7. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

He would probably get sick if he ate it.
    Remember the results when mice or rats were offered cereal and the boxes they were in , decades ago ?

They didn't eat the cereal - they ate the boxes, which was safer and more nutritious.

Don Harper and Tony Page like this.
  8. Don Harper

Don Harper Member
    Registered

Most likely, at first he would not understand what was happening. Not because he is not smart, but because he wouldn't waste time on it

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Leonardo had one of the greatest mechanical minds, his ideas and inventions were way ahead of their time, so it's possible he'd be more interested in how we could Mass produce the cereal box.

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.