What If There Were Only 100 People In The Whole World?

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Yvonne Smith, May 10, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not much to say about this one , except that it is an interesting video that helps us to actually put things into perspective better than trying to figure things out with a world population of over seven billion people.
    Some of the demographics were different than I would have guessed they would be. See how it compares with what you thought the numbers would turn out to be.....

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Well if there was only 100 people there wouldn't be much to eat or much things to do. The video doesn't make sense to me for the more people involved to make changes, changes will occur. With a lot of different people in the world all doing what they'd like we have a lot of problems solved, lots of food, lots of different things to do and lot's of enjoyment for the future...for the space agencies all over the world is working on living in outer space and many different things so we can safely live in outer space in the future,...these things are necessary and I can't do this kind of work. Somehow it all works out that there are lots of people in this world. Love vegetable that other's grow too.

3. Harry Kemp

Harry Kemp Veteran Member
    Registered

I have seen this before, or something very similar. It's all about inequality - where you are born determines what you have, very true, but I don't know what an individual can do to change it. Yes charities like Oxfam make a little difference, although huge changes are the preserve of government spending. I feel this will only happen when there is a world government and that will not be for another 500 - 1000 years.

4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

If there were only 100 people in the world, I would still manage to P O the other 99.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  5. Julie Stewart

Julie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

I've seen this video before and I think it's both simple and remarkable how it puts things into perspective. Talking in hundreds instead of billions makes the reality of inequality much easier to understand, it scales it down until it becomes personal. I found the video fascinating the first time I watched it - and just as interesting having watched it again. It offers a way of looking at the world and our roles in it that should be shared more widely.

Harry Kemp and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

If there would only be 100 people on Earth, I'll remember John Lennon and 'Imagine' o_O hahahaha....

7. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

I probably would like to reach out with them and know them all and celebrate LIFE!:p:D