What I Learned Today

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Hedi Mitchell, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell Hope for the best for you, you are very much in need of answers, and very much need to feel better and like your own self.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Micki Pembroke

Registered

@Yvonne Smith Excellent information, have read, heard before, plant - based can be beneficial for many issues. Thanks, is a good health reminder.

Patsy Faye and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

What I learned yesterday that my oven and microwave has the same beeping sound (3x) when they are ready or finished, respectively.

I went to get my cup of tea from the microwave and it wasn't ready and then realized my oven's preheat had completed. :D

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

What I learned today is more about the history of the Census.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

What I learned from the news yesterday is that toilet paper is more important than food or medicine.

6. Katrina Anderson

Katrina Anderson Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’d be interested to know how rapidly they reproduce, that is, how many generations will we have available for observation in this latest space experiment?

Frank Sanoica and Craig Wilson like this.
  7. Micki Pembroke

Registered

What i learned recently.......this reveals that i'm a real dodo, lol......sitting at my sewing machines.....a light in my head came on.....my sewing machines are computerizedo_O:rolleyes:. One is 26 years old, the second one is 14 years. When i decided to add a second machine, already was 7 years old when i got it, the dealer did a download to bring it up to current, so i ended up with a new machines content, new machine would have been $10,000, but i got it for $2300. I was so happy....i had my first machine updated as well....didn't cost me anything :), not sure it was because they were PFAFF machines, great for me. Learning for me sometimes takes a while. :).

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Micki, I must be the dodo. . What kind of sewing machine is it that costs $10,000?

Lois Winters and Micki Pembroke like this.
  9. Micki Pembroke

Registered

@Nancy Hart You're not a dodo. The certain machine i was talking about, new price being $10,000, is a PFFAF, but there are so many other makes that are as pricey as well. Now this brand, being German make, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. My first PFFAF which is 26 years old was $600 then, can only imagine what it would be now, probably unaffordable for me and most people. Glad i invested in them then, and not now, if now, i wouldn't have them.

10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

What I learned today is that we are on total lockdown at Sunrise facilities one of our sister nearby has the COVID-19 virus and to be sure I will not be moving as planned on Apr. 1st. There is no way they will open a new building in the near future. Not until this Virus is contained. I have a conference via phone with my Insurance people on Mon. A.M.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  11. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Man, and this one is pre-owned.

upload_2020-3-21_9-58-23.png

12. Micki Pembroke

Registered

@Von Jones They aren't cheap are they, but this one is also a quilting machine, it has a quilting program downloaded. I've done my quilting the old fashioned way.

Von Jones likes this.