What I Learned Today

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Hedi Mitchell, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I learned that trying to prevent Apple's "2-factor authentication" is a real PITA on a new device. (Expletives deleted. :D)

2. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

My learning task for the last couple of days....am trying to move pictures from my ipad to my Mac desk for starters, then hopefully to my laptop and airbook which are Macs as well, then the big challenge is pictures from my Samsung to my Macs, if that's possible. Anyone has suggestions, easy way, i'm open to help. This won't be a " Learned Today Task " , more like a v.....e....r.....y m....a....n....y learned days.:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I might have to wait until my wife wakes up to verify it but doesn’t syncing your devices do all that automatically? She does a.lot with pictures which is something I really do not mess with which is why she’s the expert in our home on such things.

Anything I do with the exception of deleting programs or pictures appears on all my machines. If I take a picture or install an app on one, it appears on all my devices. Whatever actions I perform on one, appear in the history of all of them.
    Deleting a program or history has to be done on a device by device basis.

If anything is not as I believe it is, I’ll have learned something after my wife makes her morning appearance.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

As Bobby said, all your Mac stuff, should already be on all of your devices.. (I have Macs).. with regard to your pics on your samsung , you may be best to load them onto a USB Flashdrive, and then transfer to your desktop...

Micki Pembroke and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Check your settings, @Micki Pembroke , it is probably some little thing that needs to be turned on for it to work. I am assuming that you use the same Apple ID for all of your devices, so iCloud should have everything, including pictures.
    Check your iCloud settings page, and it should show all of your devices on there if they are all under the same Apple ID.
    Next, check “name, phone numbers, email” setting, and make sure that your same email and phone numbers are on each device.
    On the main settings page, scroll down to photos, and make sure that iCloud Photos is turned on, because this stores all of your photos in the cloud where you can then access them from any of your devices.

Also, one of the options for sharing your photos on all of your devices would be to use something like Amazon photos or google photos, and then add the app for that to all of your devices.
    Either one of these will upload all of your photos from your device, and then you can access them from anyplace where you have the google app (or amazon app, depending on which you use).
    I take all of my pictures with my iPhone and they immediately are on my iPad.
    If you are only transferring one photo (or a few), you can also use airdrop to send them from one device to another one .

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  6. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Big thanks everyone. Very helpful. Will work on my homework.:).

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

It depends on the type of fabric a person in ironing. :)

Micki Pembroke and Frank Sanoica like this.
  8. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Had a great learning day yesterday, thanks to the suggestions i got from several of you, the photo transfer was a success. the pictures i take on my ipad are now appearing on my other macs, was a simple setting as you suggested, the pictures on my samsung phone, i'm doing the easiest way, emailing to myself, then transfer to folders, works for me :D:D:D:D:D.........My learning for that last 4 days, it's been raining since Monday, so apparently considering the 3 pairs of eyes giving me the unhappy stare, i learned that the rain is my fault. :eek::eek::eek:. Thanks again for the help with my pictures. going to go and take in some more staring.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, it’s Friday the 13th which is supposedly a bad luck day.
    I did not know Why it’s supposed to be such an ominous day of all other days so I went to the top of the mountain to ask the great guru (Google) and this is what I came up with.

The guru said that there were 13 people present at the Last Supper and somehow Judas found his place in history as being the 13th guest.
    Now, since Jesus was crucified on a Friday, yada, yada, yada......the rest is uh.......upon the imagination of some idiot(s) who propagated the superstition in the first place.

Yet another piece of useless information I have learned which I do hope is expelled from my long term memory with a quickness unrivaled by any other thing I have ever forgotten.

Now that I think about it, the information probably is bad luck because I’ll probably never un-clutter my memory of it.

10. Micki Pembroke

Registered

11. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Guess what i learned today.........how to post this stuff.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Patsy Faye, Bobby Cole and Nancy Hart like this.
  12. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Sari5.jpg
    I don't mind. :)

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

I learned today , that the farm shop were selling organic figs at just 50p each..bargain !!...:D

IMG_3489.jpg

I also learned today that the farm shop are selling Haggis and turkey stuffing crisps (chips)... Im a Scot, Haggis is our national dish, but I've never in my life heard of this :D:D... seems it might be just a bit of a Christmas promotional thing... but LOL>.. :D

IMG_3494.jpg

14. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Were they also selling organic neeps and tatties?

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

of course, they are standard..... :D

IMG_3491.jpg

Micki Pembroke and Thomas Stearn like this.