What Have You Got New This Week

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, this is what I've been doing, too... I haven't used glassesusa, but I've ordered a number of times from Zenni.com. It's fun choosing the frames.

@Ina I. Wonder , if you go this route, be sure to get your PD numbers along with your prescription... it will be needed for choosing frames and for ordering. Last ones I got were "just for fun" and about $25.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

My watchband that I bought in November just arrived and it's great! It was thought to be lost and the shipper apologized and gave it to me for free with free shipping if it arrived anyway. I said I'd pay if it arrived. Then when it did arrive, the sipper was glad and still gave me the watchband for free with free shipping! Twas a great time for me for I really needed the replacement nylon watchband that only Sears has for over $10!

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

This week I've bought and downloaded a book for my kindle ''800 years of womens' letters'' by Olga Kenyon, not had a chance to read any of it yet, but I'm looking forward to it..

...and today I had to order new lighting for the kitchen after ours finally died after years of good service, ..that should arrive on Monday!

Chrissy Cross and Ruby Begonia like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I can't even begin to tell you guys all of the awesome things that I have received this week .............every day is like Christmas, and I think the mailman is wondering what is going on at our house, he has delivered so many Amazon boxes to us.
    Since I joined that coupon club, I have gotten way over $500 worth of stuff from Amazon, and I am pretty sure that I haven't spent over $10 to get all of it !
    I have expensive argon shampoo and hair oil to help my hair grow faster, thyroid supplements, brain booster vitamins, dog vitamins for Chipper, and a cute little harness for him, too. I have special face cream (like it so far, @Chrissy Page ), and some interesting stuff that is supposed to help fade out age spots. It smells strange; but if it works, I am okay with the smell.
    I got one of the arm band iPhone holders for working outside, or even at the gym.

There is more.....lots more.....I just can't remember all of it right this minute because some of the stuff has not arrived yet.
    I am having fun choosing which products that I want to try each day, and by next week, I will be starting to write some of the reviews for the products that I am testing this week.
    So......yeah, this has been a great week for getting stuff for me !

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That does sound good Yvonne. If I'm home for awhile I may even take a look at the site.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I went on a spree yesterday.

Had a pedicure, then on to TJ Maxx where I bought:
    A pair of slippers
    A pair of gray casual flats
    2 unmentionables
    A sweet little rabbit for my Easter table
    A soup cup with a handle and lid that has a steam vent
    2 oven mitts & 2 potholders
    2 pretty Spring green dish towels

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I never buy anything anymore when in Fresno except food, and Fresno is a shoppers paradise with every store you can imagine in triplicate and more all within an 8 mile radius max.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Ruby Begonia

Registered

This is my new soup mug!

0.jpg

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I like it! That is something I would buy.

I have soup mugs but none with a lid like that.

10. Mari North

Registered

@Yvonne Smith , somewhere I copied the info from when you first mentioned this place and then promptly lost it... and I can't find your forum post on it... just tried directly from your profile to find that post from your post listings and didn't see it there either. Could you direct me to that post you made about it? I know I was skeptical at the time, but the proof is in the pudding and you're getting the pudding delivered, so I'd like to check it out. :)

11. Ruby Begonia

Registered

12. Yvonne Smith

Here is most of what I posted in the other thread. I am really enjoying this, and each morning, the first thing that I do is check to see what new products have come out for people to order and try out.
    Today, I ordered one of those spiral veggie cutters that will turn zucchini into pasta. It is a cheaper item, usually around $8, and on sale for $1.
    I have been wanting to test one of these; but they kept going really fast each morning. If you are not there right exactly at 10am (EST); the best stuff is grabbed up really fast.

To be a product reviewer, you will need a Facebook page, and an Amazon account, a Prime account is even better, because then shipping is free.
    After you sign up as a product tester, you can view a page that shows which products are being offered for review, and what the retail price is , as well as the price you pay for the product.
    One item I am testing retailed at $70, and the Amazon discount price was $19. My price with the coupon was $1, and there are many other products that you can test for under $5. You are allowed to try as many products as you want to get each day. However, in the morning, you can order only ONE item. (You will receive an email telling you what the day's offers will be)
    The products change each day, so you have to look for the newest specials. What I observed was health (vitamins/supplements) and beauty products, pet products (beds, harness, collars, etc), and many items for cell phones (cases and chargers) and other devices.
    Here is my referral link to sign up and test products. Once you are a member, you will also have your own referral link to share with your friends.

elitedealclub.com/?invcode=klx7zcNx

13. Mari North

Registered

Je vous remercie, Danke, Grazie, and Gracias! Yeah, I remember now that it takes a Facebook... what is the connection there... do they post it to your timeline when you write a review or something? Or maybe they need it just so you *can* post your review if you choose to?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Thanks Yvonne. I might try it. I did note that this site is not affiliated with Amazon in any way.

15. Yvonne Smith

No, @Mari North , they never post anything to Facebook . It is to stop some kind of scamming, maybe setting up multiple accounts. It explains why they need it when you are registering. Just be sure to use the Facebook email so they can get the link to your Elite Deals membership .
    You will also need your Amazon profile.
    It is on your account page, about halfway down, and under "community". I didn't remember that I even had one; but that is where all of your Amazon reviews are stored, among other things.
    Once everything is connected, then you should be good to go, and can start looking at products right away.

In the afternoon, most of the best stuff is taken; but it did say that more is put online at 2pm EST. Probably, you have to be there and looking right at that time in order to get any of those, too. I am doing good to remember to be there at the exact time even once a day.
    Anyway, it is fun, and we are enjoying testing out the new products. Chipper loves his new doggie vitamins, and both Bobby and I like the Argon oil shampoo. I have the argon oil conditioner on the way, too.

Also........when you order from Amazon with your Prime account, you get the free 2-day shipping; but you can also choose a slower shipping that gives you $1 credit towards books or music .
    When I am not in a hurry for something, I change it to the slower shipping and I am now also accruing book credits. So, if something costs me $1 to buy it, and then I get $1 credit back, I am getting some of the products basically for FREE ! !

Diane Lane and Mari North like this.