What Have You Got New This Week

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ahh, I see now. Thanks.

Here they are also called "wife beaters" or muscle shirts. :)

Terry Page likes this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL...I don't imagine anyone actually goes into a High end store in the USA and asks for ''a pack of 6 wife beaters''... o_O

My o/h doesn't wear Vests at all...he only wears T shirts (usually under shirts)...so I'll have to return them...

4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I had an interesting week, chatting with my daughter Cathy about my current de-cluttering mania, she told me it did get easier as you became more ruthless, she has become quite minimalist lately.

I decided to go through my bedroom again and filled a couple more sacks with old unused clothes and various objects.

The result was that my wardrobe was so depleted, that I went on a shopping spree a couple of times this week, and spent insane amounts of money buying new summer clothes, linen trousers (pants) and shirts, plus a lightweight summer jacket.
    Yesterday I bought 6 wooden coathangers to put all these new additions on, now I need to go nurse my bank balance back to consciousness. :eek:

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol Holly, No they don't. Think it came from the show "Cops". Every time they went out on a domestic violence call
    The guy was wearing one of those.

My husband wore the regular tees but they had to have the V neck, he was very ocd about that. He did have a few of the wife beaters when it was warmer I think.

My hubby always wore them under his shirts. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've seen my son or SIL wear them.....but I might have seen my daughter buying a pack....hmmmm, maybe she has a boyfriend. :)

Just kidding, that would be very unlikely.

6. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

we call them sleeveless undershirts.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My step-dad use to wear "muscle t-shirts". Then again, he had the "muscles" for them and that was back in the 60's when I lived with him and his wife. As for me, I could never wear a t-shirt like that. It just really seem to "mancho" for me. I wear the regular "crew-neck" type.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  8. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

We grew up with guys wearing white t-shirts under their shirts but now days I don't know of anyone who does. Or is it just that's it's warmer in California?

Chrissy Cross and Ruby Begonia like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When we changed over from cable to satellite, we got a Sam's club gift card, and today was our monthly shopping at Sam's; so besides the regular groceries that we get there each month, we splurged and got one of the small countertop ice-makers. I have wished for one for a loing time, and both of us use a lot of ice in the summer when it is hot and muggy.
    We don't have an ice maker in the refrigerator, so it means filling up the ice cube trays once or even twice each day all summer long.
    With the ice machine, it will just keep us stocked up on all of the ice we need, and it makes the smaller sized ice cubes that are great for making smoothies in the blender.
    Bobby set it up, and it is out in the kitchen chugging out ice cubes as I write !

Linda Binning and Terry Page like this.
  10. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith , I didn't know there was an ice machine for household use other than what comes in a refrigarator. How big is it? It can't be very big, as I remember you don't have much counter space. What is the name of your machine? Do you think Amazon would have them? I'd like to look them up.

Wow, I just looked them up on Amazon, and the cheapest I saw was $99.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

We looked on Amazon, too, @Ina I. Wonder , and also I looked online at Walmart, and all of those were about the same $100+. The one at Sam's was on sale for $89, and it is a little red Igloo model. It is about the size of a bread machine, maybe a foot long and 10" wide. We put it on the counter next to our Microwave.
    It only took a few minutes for it to start making ice, and it just chugs along until the little basket is full. When you scoop ice out of it, then it makes more and so it always keeps the basket full.
    We set ours for the smaller size, which makes little "pellets" of ice about the size of your little finger and about 2" long. They should be perfect for using in cold drinks and also for making the protein drinks that Bobby and I use all the time.
    When we changed over from Comcast to DirecTV, we received a $300 Sam's Club card as part of the deal for getting it through our Sam's membership.
    So, we stocked up on our protein powders and food bars, vitamins, and all of the healthy supplements that we get from Sam's, and then splurged on the ice maker.

image.jpeg

Linda Binning and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  12. Linda Binning

Registered

Now that is a new one for me. I didn't know such a thing existed. We can't hook up our ice maker as we have salt water. I'll check into the counter top version and see if I can just dump the water in it from a water jug.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

That is exactly how it works, @Linda Binning . We have horrible water here, so we either put it through the water distiller for our drinking water, and otherwise, we use one of the large Brita filter pitchers, which holds almost a half gallon of filtered water.
    The ice cube maker uses a half gallon of water at a time, and it has lights that tell you when to refill the water tank. We just filled it from the Brita pitcher, and let it make ice cubes.

14. Linda Binning

Registered

Thanks for the info but I guess if it's that expensive I won't get one. I was thinking $29 or so. I'm sure they are handy though.

15. Yvonne Smith

It is expensive for us, too, @Linda Binning , and probably we would not have bought if if we had not received the Sam's gift card. I have been wanting an icemaker for a long time, and can actually rationalize buying one.
    Not only because we use a lot of ice in the summer months; but because with my CHF, the heart can't pump enough blood to keep my "heating and cooling system" working properly.
    So, in even mildly chilly weather, I am now bundled up in a warm blanket and even wear those fingerless gloves in the house during the winter.
    In the summer, just the opposite, and I can't keep cool, so having a cold glass of ice water with lemon is part of how I compensate.
    We are already enjoying having the ice, plus this will give us a lot more room in the freezer part of the refrigerator, since we can now use the areas that before only had the ice cube trays and the storage bin.

Linda Binning likes this.