What Happens When The Queen Dies

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Joe Riley, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

"After nearly 66 years on the throne, Queen Elizabeth II is the longest reigning monarch in British history and has been a constant and calming force amidst the fast-paced changes their country has faced, making it even more inconceivable to think about what happens when she dies. Since Buckingham Palace doesn’t shy away from procedure, it's no surprise there’s already a comprehensive plan in place for what happens after she passes, known as Operation London Bridge."

Who Inherits the British Throne?

2. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Some bloke called Charlie.

PS that's not London Bridge ITS Tower Bridge.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Lulu Moppet and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

...yes Operation London Bridge has been codenamed thus since the 60's, but there a feeling that since this became public it's now been changed..

The likelihood is that Prince Philip will die first ''Operation forth bridge'' ... The Queen Mothers' death was codenamed Operation Tay bridge, and then was ultimately used in the unexpected early death of Diana...

There are many corporations on ready stand by for when the Queen dies, aside from the Palace.. none-less than the BBC and the media in general..

Prince Charles presuming he is still alive when the Queen dies, will seamlessly become King and the whole Royal Train will continue without as much as a pause on the great royal railway express line .

Lulu Moppet and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, a lot of Americans think Tower Bridge is London Bridge, but I would have thought the Brits would know the difference. The old London Bridge is now in Arizona at Lake Havasu. I always got the impression that Elizabeth was staying in place to keep Charlie out of the throne room as long as possible. I think she believed her eldest son is a little unstable.

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I, for one, will be sad to see her die. She is a remarkable woman in so many ways.

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Of course... tower bridge is a cantilever bridge :)

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Me too...I've never known a world without her in it and in fact ruling this country several years before I was born ... she was born 10 years before my own mother.....

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  8. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

No I didn't look at the video, Tom...I'll have a look now...

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Hmmmm the only faux pas I noticed was that they have Northolt situated in Ireland on the map... did I miss something else?

11. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

When a Monarch dies the the Royal Standard on Buck House is lowered and not the Union Jack.

Only time its ever ever lowered to Half Mast.

Happens at 2.43 into Vid

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

I saw that, but I thought it was because it's just an example of what will happen.. I dismissed it....

13. Sir Walter Pasty

Sir Walter Pasty Veteran Member
    Registered

We will all be glad of the internet as normal tv and Radio closes down and newspapers come with the pages ringed
    In black.I for one will not be joining in any national mourning other than minutes silences that may be forced on me at sporting events-if they are allowed to take place.
    In my lifetime there has only been Elizabeth.My parents had four monarchs before they were twenty-one being Edward VIII.

Lulu Moppet and Holly Saunders like this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Where Prince Charles Went Wrong
    The Prince of Wales makes himself most unpopular when he tries hardest to be a worthy heir to the throne.
    [​IMG]

"His Royal Highness Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales, K.G., K.T., G.C.B., O.M., A.K., Q.S.O., P.C., A.D.C., Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, is a deeply unpopular man."

"Writers in both the conservative and the liberal press regularly refer to him as “a prat,” “a twit,” and “an idiot,” with no apparent fear of giving offense to their readership. In a 2016 poll, only a quarter of respondents said that they would like Charles to succeed the Queen, while more than half said they would prefer to see his son Prince William crowned instead. Even among those who profess to think him a decent chap, there is a widespread conviction that he does the monarchy more harm than good."

“Our Prince of Wales is a fundamentally decent and serious man,” one conservative columnist recently wrote. “He possesses a strong sense of duty. Might not it be best expressed by renouncing the throne in advance?”

15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

God Save the Queen - 85th Birthday of HM, Queen Elizabeth II at Westminster Abbey