What Happened To The Christian Community In Bethlehem?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Avigail David, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Recently on 26th September, Palestinian terrorists burned down a church and monastery. The media is silent about it. Bethlehem is the center of the Christian community over the centuries. But a small percentage of the Christians now live there since the Palestinian Authority were given control of the West Bank territories. Because of the unfavorable conditions and persecution against Christians by the Islamic influenced PA, the Christian community has diminished significantly.

I don't think Palestinian Authority is capable of a statehood independence. They won't allow themselves to be civilized in their own Palestinian statehood situation-- if ever they are granted West Bank as a civilized State. Just a week ago, and continuing til today, Palestinian terrorists have been knife-attacking innocent civilians, even little children.

What a sad, disgusting state of mind they are in! Here's an update on terror in Israel.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

That disgusting state is an understatement. Why can't people agree to disagree? We are now living in a civilized world, we are educated, we have modern technology and yet the minds of those in the government seemed to be remnants of the barbarian period. In Syria, I have read that ISIS have been on a demolition mode of all temples that are not related to Islam. Now in Bethlehem, the most sacred place for Christians, the same destruction is being seen. On second thought, Bethlehem is governed by Palestinians and Israels, both anathema to Christianity. So that may be the reason.

3. Avigail David

Registered

Israel is not the enemy here, @Corie Henson. The Israeli government is the one fighting terrorists, keeping the peace and security in the disputed Israeli territories. We must pray with Israel.

Corie Henson and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

One of my sons did two hitches in the US army, then got out. He got bored with civilian life and was about to immigrate to Israel and join the Israeli army. This was between wars. He wanted to see some action. Had he stayed in the army a while longer, he would have been in the gulf wars with his brother. Some family members talked him out of going to Israel.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  5. Avigail David

Registered

May the God of Abram, Isaac and Israel bless and keep your sons' lives in His safekeeping and great care all their days @Ike Willis

Ike Willis likes this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It just might be coming here to your community. They are bringing in [refugees] but it is funny that they are mostly all males between 16-35 this is the age of military men. If they bring their Islamic religion which says if they person does not belief the same as you, you are required convert them or kill them. Another funny thing Saudi Arabia and Israel has no problem funding them but will not take any refugees.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Avigail David

Registered

I think Israel is wary and careful about taking in refugees from Syria. Many of them could be Islamic terrorists in disguise. Israel is placed in a difficult situation. Israel sends goods and medical supplies and medical teams of doctors and nurses.

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Israel is surrounded by enemies and has very few friends. And at this time, Israel can't count on the US for much either. The one thing Israel has is God's protection. Look at it's past just since 1948. Israel has always been outnumbered by many times to one, yet Israel always came out on top. Israel's enemies are so blinded by hatred that they can't see the lessons history is try to teach them. Israel WILL prevail.

Diane Lane and Avigail David like this.
  9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've seen the pictures where so many of the refugees look like they're of the age and health where they should be fighting. Why emigrate and plan to stay in the West, rather than stay and fight? I'd rather the tax dollars go to arming and helping those opposing ISIS, rather than having a ton of people emigrate to the West and have to be absorbed into a foreign culture. It would be easier for them to stay within their region and fight to eradicate the savages, then rebuild with the help of the West.

Avigail David and Ike Willis like this.
  10. Diane Lane

Registered

11. Avigail David

Registered

This is most annoying news! This morning, Barack Obama says he 'backs Israel's right to protect its citizens from knife attacks.' And he urges PM Benjamin Netanyahu and PA Abbas to 'tamp down rhetoric that only cause misunderstanding,' and that this kind of 'random violence' will only bring 'more hardships.' There, I hear him say 'random violence' again (about the Charlie Hebdo massacre and terrorist onslaught in Kosher market, France). He can never say murderous, terrorist violence by the Palestinians, Hamas, IS or whatever is the enemy of Israel! Is he a friend of Israel? Or is he not?!

Urgh! I need to tamp down my inappropriate language addressing BO!

http://www.timesofisrael.com/obama-backs-israels-right-to-protect-its-citizens-from-knife-attacks/

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Sheldon Scott and Diane Lane like this.
  12. Diane Lane

Registered

Just the wording of that irritates me. Everyone has a God given right to protect him or herself. We don't need the government telling us it's o.k. to do so, and we certainly don't need them trying to prevent us from doing so, turning us into victims.

Sheldon Scott and Avigail David like this.