What Does Roast Duck Tastes Like

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Krissttina Isobe, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

:oops:I've never eaten roast duck. I see other's eat roast duck, but I don't eat it. I was wondering though how does roast duck tastes like? [​IMG]
    image from http://flavourdiaries.blogspot.com/.

2. Steve North

Steve North Veteran Member
    Registered

Duck is all dark meat as compared to chicken that has both dark and white meat..

It could be considered a delicacy as it is a bit richer than chicken.. Again that depends on how it is prepared and roasting it is most likely the best way..I have eaten duck many many times and let me tell you, it is delicious..................

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I haven't eaten duck either but I have eaten duck eggs. They are much stronger tasting that chicken or goose eggs. I don't really like them as you would eat chicken eggs for breakfast but they are great for baking for pies. cakes, cornbread, and such.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Duck is delicious, quite a bit sweeter and more juicy than chicken..and of course you can crisp up the skin. I eat duck as often as I get the chance

It's particularly yummy shredded and wrapped in a double layer of paper thin Chinese pancakes with Plum, or hoisin sauce

I also like Duck eggs they have a much 'meatier' flavour if using them at Breakfast time to dip toasted soldiers into..

Chrissy Cross and Terry Page like this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was in Singapore this past weekend and there was this food court in a mini-mall near our hotel. One evening, we sampled the food there and I had ordered roasted duck toppings (with rice, some vegetables and soup). The texture is like chicken although the taste is somewhat different. My husband said it is "gamey" taste in relation to chicken meat. But if not informed that I had duck, maybe I would assume it to be chicken.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I've had it more than once when I was a kid because my older brothers went duck hunting. Other than sometimes finding some of the shot inside, I don't remember much about it though. I guess I didn't hate it, or I'd probably remember it.

7. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agree with you totally; duck is a delicious dark meat that is indeed considered a pricey delicacy that oftentimes come frozen at regular supermarkets or fresh at those where deli-meats are sold.

Personally I had a father who was an avid hunting aficionado, and by this time (duck season time) he used to bring ducks home almost every single week, so my mom used to prepare it in so many ways that I can remember :)

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Really good.:)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, as Ike says.."really good"... I love it and so did my husband. I used to make it occasionally. Haven't had it in awhile though.