What Do You Think About The Loch Ness Monster?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Hannah Davis, May 1, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, the legend of the Loch Ness monster or Nessie as it has been called for short. For years its been a legend in Scotland. Some have claim to have seen it. Some have claim to have photographed it, remember that notorious photo from years ago, that many question that validity of. Some have claim they caught it on Google maps, but its questionable what was photographed in the water.

So, for decades now the Loch Ness monster's legend has endured. My question is do you think there is any truth to this legend or is it something that was just created to attract tourist to this spot. My feeling on this is well, if it is just a legend what harm is it actually doing. As for whether there is any truth to the legend, maybe its better off remaining a mystery. If it was ever discovered there was any truth to this and that there is a Loch Ness monster no telling what the repercussions would be, so maybe the whole Loch Ness monster legend should just be a legend.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

myself im not buying it. just nothing conclusive. kinda like Bigfoot. and UFO's. lots of sightings but no real hard proof.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from the Discovery channel. which claims this is a Megalodon shark photo taken by German Uboats in WW2 but never confirmed. so if you know how to Photoshop you can create anything.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have read about the megalodon before, and think I even watched a video that they thought might be one. We have found enough creatures that we either didn't know existed, or knew they used to exist, but believed them to be extinct ; that it is as hard to prove that they do not exist as it is to prove that they do.
    All it takes is for one to be finally found alive and filmed, or even dead, but identifiable, and then we may all have to add another fable into the reality side of the story.

Here is an interesting page that shows pictures and videos of other sea creatures that were believed to have been extinct for millions of years, and then someone discovered one. If the megalodon is still existing; sooner or later, someone will get a good enough picture to prove they do still exist.
    We didn't even know that such a thing as the Panda Bear existed until the mid-1800's, and then it still took many years longer to actually capture one, and Panda Bears don't live at the bottom of the ocean and they don't even try to hide from people.
    They just lived in a very remote area where people didn't often go, so the idea that a black and white bear existed in China was considered just a legend.

http://www.bizarbin.com/megalodon/

4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

That's an interesting thing to know about the Polar bear and the Koala Bear. But I guess it does make sense, as you said back at that time the Polar Bear lived in the Arctic, and how were we able to get there back in the 1800s it seem almost impossible to do at that time. I don't know what to make of the Loch Ness Monster, the legend has been around for years, just like Big Foot. How could they have lived this long, but then maybe its their off spring that are still being spotted all these years later keeping the legend alive. No one knows for sure, whether there is truth or not. But as I said somethings are probably better off only being a legend wihtout any fact based on them. If we did find out there really was a Loch Ness Monster could this actually lead to exploiting it or the people in that town? Who knows so maybe its better off staying a mystery that people ponder and not really know for sure.

5. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe that this world is a big place, and the least explored are the oceans. All scientists believed that the Coelacanth fish was extinct, until a fisherman found one off the east coast of South Africa in 1938.

latimeria_1.jpg

So, do I believe that the Loch Ness monster exists. I don't know. I haven't seen any evidence that I consider to be credible to prove it's existence, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that we haven't found it yet.

6. Gary Ridenour

Registered

the Coelacanth was an evolution fish. it has leg bones and each leg has 3 toes. believed to have left the sea and walked on land. so who knows what's down there?? we know more about the back side of the moon than the deep oceans.

Mal Campbell likes this.
  7. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Gary! Not to sure if they had Photoshop back in 1942! LOL and welcome to the forum!

8. Richard Paradon

Registered

Thanks for the link, Yvonne, as soon as the internet people get here (if ever) I will be able to check it out. Not even sure how long I will last on Senior today. BTW, are Panda Bears people friendly or just look that way?

9. Richard Paradon

Registered

Hi Hannah, I am not sure if Nessie is real or not, but if it is, I hope that it is never found or captured. I am sure that there are many "scientists" with their scalpels just waiting!

Brittany Houser likes this.
  10. Gary Ridenour

Registered

no i don't think so. but the photo has a watermark on it. the Swastika. the German's didn't use watermarks.

glad to be here thanks

11. Richard Paradon

Registered

That is interesting. From what I understand, they were very meticulous regarding any thing they did so I am wondering what, if anything, would prove the validity of their photos.

12. Gary Ridenour

Registered

they were great record keepers and this event was not found. they didn't watermark photos but probably official documents with stamps

13. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

That's what I worry about! I'm sure that "in the interest of science," Nessie wouldn't stand a chance. I like to believe in Nessie, but that's my Scottish blood I'm sure. LOL I do think there's something there, and if I had unlimited funds, I'd go and check it out for myself.

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

THE ORIGIN OF THE LOCH NESS MONSTER
    http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/05/the-origin-of-the-loch-ness-monster/
    [​IMG]
    "Loch Ness is a long, narrow lake southwest of Inverness in the Scottish Highlands. It is the second largest loch in Scotland by surface area and the largest by volume. It is also the second deepest loch, at an astounding 755 feet (230 meters) at its deepest point. The water is dark and murky due to the high levels of peat in the surrounding soil. The breadth, depth, and low visibility of this particular loch make a prime environment for someone’s imagination to run wild, particularly when other lake monsters were plentiful in Scottish legends".

"The first recorded sighting of Nessie was in 565 A.D. by Saint Columba. Saint Columba was an Irish missionary praised for spreading Christianity in Scotland. On one trip to the highlands, he ran across a group of people burying a man who had been bitten by the monster in the River Ness. The Saint supposedly asked another man present to swim across the river. When the man jumped in, the monster rose from the depths and Saint Columba, invoking God’s power, banished it. The story was written nearly a century after the supposed encounter; but even so, it remains a popular piece of “evidence” used to demonstrate Nessie’s existence".