What Do We Know About Cancer?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Denise Evans, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been meaning to research what I can find online, about cancer, and when it first was diagnosed/named or called cancer?

I realize how little I know, but it is killing so many people. I've been listening to a sort of "march of dimes" program on the radio. It's for St. Jude, the hospitals that help children that are uninsured, or under-insured. What a tear-jerker, but I am amazed at the stories that are told about St. Jude, and mostly, these children. Talk about heros.

Anyway, it just got me thinking because I see something almost daily on "this can cause cancer, or that can cause cancer". What about way back, when it was first discovered, or named cancer? I know nothing about that. Chime in, please, if you have some info, and I will also be looking for more info. My thought was that if we didn't use, or have all these cancerous causing technologies, or products way back, what "did" cause cancer. Not to mention the fact that there are soooooo many types of cancer:(

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

There probably was cancer long ago but we didn't have the knowledge for diagnosing it or even reporting it.

True that there are more cancers now but I haven't researched cancer so don't know the answer.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the link Chrissy, I will take a look now. Then I have to shower and get ready for the gym, but will be back later to maybe do a bit more on this;)

Wow, way good link @Chrissy Page can't wait to read further. Sometimes I get in these "sponge" modes or so I call them. I want to soak of information/learning, about our history. All sorts of things come into my mind to study. This week, or today anyway, it's cancer. hugs, and see you soon, denise

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I was surprised at the info in there too, Ina. Interesting.