What Do Forums Need?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome back @Avigail David, nice to see you again ...hope your move went smoothly in the end, and you're settled in well in your new home :D

Avigail David likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello Avigail, hope you will join us again :)

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I am glad I am back too @Ken Anderson. I needed to take the break that I did so I could gain some perspective on what happened and why it happened. Your Forum is still the best as far as I'm concerned Ken. :)

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't see my time here as being on a forum, but rather as being in a small town. I agree that a good forum is organic, and like a small town, experiences growing pains. I view the Ignore button as a "time-out" of sorts , where I can put some distance between myself and an annoying poster. Most are short-term. There should be no place for anger on this forum. It always become a self-destructive force. Like a good neighborhood, gracious, kind and encouraging attitudes go a long way to building a healthy forum.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Dear @Ken Anderson :D
    I properly asking this in the wrong spot ,but here go's ..why haven't we got any smilies other than the 12 little ones we have
    I'd love to see some funnies please to attach to posts in games/ other posts

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery - I love the smilies too, think they are important, as sometimes I'm not sure if someone is serious or
    joking with me :rolleyes: :)

Joe Riley and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Okay, I will try to add some smilies before long. Sometime this week, I need to upgrade the software that runs the forum, which means upgrading the theme as well. If past practice continues, this won't be anything you'll notice on your end, although there may be a few differences. Once I have done that, I'll look into adding some more smilies.

Meanwhile, what this forum needs is more people talking. We have had plenty of people online but not a whole lot of discussion going on. No, no, this is not a complaint -- just an encouragement.

9. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes Ken agree folks get off the conversation or PM thread and chat to each other.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you. We are grateful for the conveniences here. It's still semi-rural suburbs. But I still miss the hilly views from my windows in the country. But I can still go back to the old house after some renovations are done.

11. Ken Anderson

Por favor, if you're going to share one funny photo or meme, rather than starting a thread for just that one photo, add it to one of the threads we already have for funny pictures, memes, signs, etc. Gracias.

12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Thinking this over, I have to agree the main group which carescto read and respond to my own drivel, is pretty limited in number. I scare folks off, perhaps. OTOH, often I try to get involved in discussions originated by others, but my abilities in areas not technical in nature are limited.
    Frank

Bill Boggs and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

You do fine, Frank.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

None of us know all about, or even a little about some topics. I just skip the ones I don't get, or sometimes, since it's safe on this forum, I ask questions because I like learning new stuff;)

15. Ken Anderson

If you ever find yourself trying to think of a topic to add, please feel free to start a thread in the Movies & Entertainment forum for any television show, movie, or actor that you might be thinking about. It doesn't have to be new movie, either. If you're watching an old movie or television series, tell us why you like it, or why you hate it, if that's the case. Feel free, also, to review any restaurant you've eaten in in the Restaurant Reviews sub-forum. Include a link if they have a web site, or give their address. This may include local restaurants, chains, or whatever.

Bill Boggs, Bobby Cole and Patsy Faye like this.