What Dem For Potus

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Tom Galty, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs

I cannot believe you said this other than in JEST!
    Frank

2. Frank Sanoica

Registered

You guys must be "losing it"! Throughout the Obama Presidency, Michelle sat in absentia from the Chicago Hospital Board post she had been granted, the purpose of which was to guarantee continuing fair medical treatment for patients there, all patients, ...........

She never occupied the Chair........all the while collecting ~ $400,000 per year compensation.

You want such criminal activity to once again occupy the White House? Nuts!
    Frank

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We never said we WANTED her, Frank. Settle down, grandma. :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Trump is the biggest crook to ever hold that office. I’d take Bloomberg’s janitor over Trump.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Bloomberg will never make it. There's a lot of animosity country-wide towards him.

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Expect you may be right, Al.

7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bill Boggs

What I fail to understand, Trump notwithstanding, is how faith can be placed in a political leader who, while in office, provided illegally-use of public funds to buy firearms out of state, where they are legal, then transport them back to NYC to be distributed illegally on the streets.

"Was Bloomberg's Out-Of-State $200,000 Involved?"

"Largest Straw Purchase of Guns in History Goes Uninvestigated, Phoenix Mayor, Council & Police All Complicit"

"Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/la...in-history-goes-uninvestigated/#ixzz6B13apBKe
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

PHOENIX, AZ –-(Ammoland.com)- How to buy 2,000 guns, out of state, with no paperwork.

Someone anonymously provided $200,000, to buy 2,000 guns in Phoenix, AZ of May 2013, using $100 grocery gift cards as the money.

If it was billionaire mayor Michael Bloomberg as the well-founded rumors suggest, he would have had to do it anonymously, and wash the money pretty good, because it's illegal to buy guns like that across state lines. Buying 2,000 guns that way would be 2,000 federal and state felonies.

Giving money to someone else to buy guns for you — knowing you can't buy them yourself — would be a “straw purchase,” something mayor Bloomberg knows is strictly illegal, since he has been fighting against straw buyers publicly for a long time. We don't know who put up the cash and he sure isn't saying. The crime doesn't require that the true buyer ultimately receive the guns, just that the money moves through a knowing straw man (or woman)."

See: https://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/la...in-history-goes-uninvestigated/#axzz6B12Gyur7

I have no use for this kind of under-handed dealing perpetrated by an official of the People.
    Frank

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

Don’t sweat the little stuff. We can all see the sins of others but have difficulty seeing our own. However,
    I do expect Trump to be re-elected. But, a stark difference of opinion on politics or other minor issues
    should not hinder or affect the friendship between the two of us, because all we have is a vote and
    both of us together would not/could not change much of anything.

9. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bill Boggs

Then, I should regard my own sins as overwhelmingly more significant than Bloomberg's.
    Frank

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

No, Frank, I was merely thinking all politicians stretch the limits, thinking back to Reagan
    and the Iran Contra thing. But memory does not serve me well so I’ll yield. It’s like reaching
    In and trying to find your cleanest dirty shirt.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

Is it which Dem or which Dem can win. Right now that would be Biden, with Sanders having an edge over Trump. But I think Hillary said Sanders wasn't a real democrat, along with not being a real grandfather, etc. So Biden seems to have the edge. Bloomberg has not gotten a lot of polling, so he might move up or not. My margin of error adjustments of current polling margin of error, has Bloomberg taking Michigan over Trump. Michigan was strong 6% for Clinton in 2016, yet Trump won 0.2%. Current polls indicate any Democrat is leading with most within the margin of error. Bloomberg is ahead of the margin of error and the 2016 deviation.

Don't really care who wins, but do like data/statistics and making predictions that will infuriate someone. Elections make that so easy. :D

Bess Barber and Nancy Hart like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL. I'm thinking back to the polls of 2016. Sorry, Hillary. (Not)

Harry Havens likes this.
  13. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

He had a lot of gall entering the race in the first place. Just look at Newark, NJ. He's a phony since he's had a life of privilege, but would have you believing otherwise.

Bess Barber and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a DEM DEBACLE!!

Bess Barber likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think they should nominate Rep, Pelosi for president and Adam Shitf for vice-president. :D

Lois Winters and Bess Barber like this.