What Chore Do You Dislike Enough To Get Someone Else To Do It?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Holly Saunders, May 14, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

For the purpose of this question..you're not allowed a cleaner to do all your cleaning or an odd job man to do all your maintenance , ...you're being given the gift of one person to do one job forever that you do daily or weekly which you hate

So forever you get to have someone to do the job you hate most... what would it be?

I would have someone wash the dishes... I hate washing dishes, it's the routine of it I hate , so if someone could come and wash my dishes every day I'd be happy...

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

What...…...no electric dishwasher????:(
    That's what we have and I do all of the loading, running and unloading of it.

3. Holly Saunders

Registered

No dishwasher in this house, I have one in my other house because I have a utility room there, but not here, but this kitchen here is a galley kitchen so not enough space for one.. but anyway we really don't need one for 2 of us.. it's just a boring chore to wash up..doesn't take more than 5 minutes but it gets on my nerves!!

So what chore would you like someone else to do?

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The main one that I don’t/won’t/can’t do , is change a lightbulb, or pretty much anything that involves climbing up on a step stool, and just forget about trying to stand on a chair at all !
    Thankfully, Mr. Bobby (who is a good foot taller than I am ), happily changes the light bulbs, or we would be using candles and flashlights around here.

The other thing that I dread, is ANYTHING that has to do with electricity, no matter what ! The “it isn’t going to shock you” routine does not even begin to work with me, so if I even think it might zap me, I will not go near it.
    The car battery is dead, and it needs the charger hooked up ?
    Nope !
    I will happily be the one who tries to start the car to see if it is charged up enough, but not touching those battery charger cables. I have seen them spark, and they are not going to be any part of my life ever .

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Although it isn't really a chore, I hate plumbing, and if I can afford it I try to get someone else to do it. By the nature of where we live and what we do, some plumbing repair is necessary. I do it begrudgingly, as I hate it so.
    When I was single, I hate doing dishes. I woudl not heat the kitchen in my little house, so I could leave dirty dishes in the sink for a week as I dreaded washing them. I enjoyed going to the laundromat, as I took a stereo, a book, and a six-pack of beer and did two or three loads at a time. I found it to be efficient, and I would fold things there where there was lots of working room so I would bring them home and put them away. Slick! When I married however, my new wife and I debated what appliance would be our first purchase. I wanted a dishwasher, and she wanted a washer-dryer combo. Guess who won...she did, of course. We changed states and moved to North Carolina. In between, we attended a college reunion of mine, and a friend's wife was discussing household chores. She told my lady how much her dishwasher helped her when she was canning produce. I couldn't convince her, but my friend's wife did. We got a dishwasher shortly there after, and when the two sets of twins arrived in less than two years, it was greatly appreciated!

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, if I really, really thought about it, it would have to be cooking. I still like to cook and do it, but not nearly as much as I use to. We go out to eat quite often and by that I mean too often. But, once we move, the finances won't be there to go out and eat as much as we do now. So, I'll be back in the kitchen, like I use to be.

7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

This may sound strange but I enjoy doing all my household chores.

8. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

this isnt a house hold job but i hate washing the car

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

All household chores including laundry are taken care of by my rent payment.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Shoveling snow, but I can't usually get anyone over here early enough.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Dya fancy coming to do mine then?.:p:D..my second worst thing is Hoovering..I hate that because of all the stairs, it does my back in.. hubs will do it for me on the w/e when my back is at it's worst , but I don't like to ask him because he's been working all week ..so I try to get it done twice a week , fortunately as there's only 2 of us, upstairs doesn't need doing much, and I just sweep the bathrooms, and kitchen floors and wash them only on the weekends ... but if you did it Von, I'd let you do it every day, to keep you happy... :D:D:D

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't mind washing dishes at all. I turn my Bose sound system on, pop in a Charlie Landsborough CD and let him serenade me whilst I get them done.

I don't like cleaning toilets. I would have somebody else do that. Forever. Any volunteers? :)

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Holly, what about one of those little featherweight cordless vacuums to use on the stairs ? They won’t do heavy vacuuming, but they would be a lot easier to use on the stairs.
    And then maybe a regular vacuum for upstairs and one for downstairs so you don’t have to lug the heavy one up and down ?

14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

No chore ever bothered me before we lived up in the mountains for a year with no water, electricity or phone.

One such chore emerged, and it was horrible: "mucking" out the outhouse hole!
    Frank

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

I've actually got 2 vacs Yvonne... but are downstairs, one is very lightweight and I use it to hoover up crumbs etc.. but really it's not very powerful but it sits out ready to use.. and the other my Miele Cat & Dog, sits in the cupboard under the stairs, and is a powerhouse, but it's very heavy to do the stairs with...I need something in between and some room to keep one upstairs.. :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.