What Bugs You Most When Depicted On Tv Or In Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Don Alaska, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Things that bug me on tv:

When popular tv shows stay on too long. Once they’ve exhausted every imaginable scenario and the characters begin to behave in ways they wouldn’t have earlier in the series.

The odd hand gestures that some news reporters do.
    One example: they cup their hands together and move them out in front of them.

I liked crime dramas more when they didn’t include the medical examiner and the dead body.

Very bad acting. A police drama that's been on for years and the two partners give each other a look, almost rolling their eyes.
    Haven't watched in a few seasons, but it was every week.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

The demolishing stage of DIY house flipping shows, when everyone brings out sledge hammers. :rolleyes:

It just seems like there has to be a better way. Maybe not.

3. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

What bugs me most are simple, obvious, and, therefore, avoidable inaccuracies although screenwriters and producers must and should have known what the standards were like and what common knowledge about certain things is in particular when the respective generation is still alive. This is sometimes even less understandable considering that external expertise and advisers had been called in and paid for as is stated in the closing credits. Seeing that often makes a movie sloppy, implausible, and less fun watching.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Don Alaska, Emma Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Granted there are many irritating things in our shows on tv. But keep in mind, it is entertainment does not have to be factual.
    I do think the rating system shpuld be revised now- so we know what to expect before we watch.
    I use to watch the Doctors, Dr Oz, and some other shows like those- but just like all the Research done on various things...they have no clue- at best an educated guess.
    We watch more British and Candian tv than anything else and love it.
    Am still at my brothers house sitting snd really miss our TV and shows. He has Dish and it stinks .

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.