What Are Your Favourite Dish/Dishes?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Helene Lawson, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have a few things that I will frequently order in restaurants when I am not in the mood to make decisions. These are not necessarily my favorites but are, rather, things that restaurants don't generally mess up and, therefore, are fairly safe foods to order. I will frequently order a Reuben, except at some restaurants that make them with a sweet taste that I don't like so much. I will often order chicken fried steak, mostly because anyone who can teach a chicken to do that is worthy of my respect. Chicken fried steak is sometimes marketed as country fried steak at restaurants, and there is often a breakfast version as well as a dinner version. I order spaghetti with meat balls often at some restaurants but it's not really a safe order because some restaurants are so skimpy on the meatballs that I feel cheated, and others use really thin spaghetti that I don't care so much for. I used to use variations of a hamburger as a safe food but ever since I discovered Five Guys, I like to save my hamburger orders for Five Guys. Although I love steak, I rarely order it because, unlike most people, I like my steak cooked and, far too often, even when I order it well done, it's still bleeding all over the plate when I get it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry I missed this @Sheldon Scott, so this s for you....

tmp_21173-clam-chowder1200050389.jpg

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

My favourite is vegetarian chilli which I often cook and it lasts for several days which is good. There is restaurant chain in the UK that serves a really good 3 bean chilli, which I usually have when there.

chili-con-carne.jpg

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Our favorite dish is Pork Sinigang particularly the pig's tail. Sinigang means cooking the pork in the broth from tamarind, that's why it is sour. It is a delicacy in Metro Manila although there are variations in the province. Aside from the pork or pig's tail as the main ingredient, vegetables are added particularly okra or lady finger, kangkong or water hyacinth, radish, string beans and lastly... fern. Yes, that is the edible fern that is our favorite vegetable in pork sinigang. It goes well with steamed rice that is so good with the soup of the pork sinigang.