What Are Your Favorite Pizza Toppings?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, May 14, 2016.

1. Carol Cook

Carol Cook Veteran Member
    Registered

Hubby and I have been doing Weight watchers.. I just made a low point pizza using 1 package of Betty Crocker pizza crust mix, pizza sauce and fat free mozzarella... with lots of veggies. The final count was 3 points a slice. and I had 3 slices. A 9 point dinner is great!

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Carol Cook

Carol Cook Veteran Member
    Registered

the crust is where all the calories and... well.. and the cheese. There is a recipe for pizza crust made from cauliflower.. It didn't work well for me, but I have heard others rave about it. Don't know what I did wrong.

3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny you mentioned pizza.. Last night I made pizza for supper..
    I started with large wraps,(10 inches), added pizza sauce (from a can), a bit of mozzarella cheese, sliced mushrooms, diced red onion (just a bit) julienned red bell peppers, and then topped with mozzarella cheese..
    I put them on a cookie sheet and under the broiler in the middle rack till the top started to be golden..
    They were extremely good..
    Vegetarian pizza is the only one we eat whether we eat out or home and ALWAYS thin crust.. Some pizzas are way too thick in their bread like crust.. All you are eating is bread.........

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith Kroger has pineapples for .88c apiece. I can't remember if I've ever had a Hawaiian pizza (what the Canadian bacon and pineapple ones are often called), but I know I'd like it if I did. I love both of those things. I even used some pineapple juice in with the lemon juice last time I made ricotta.

I like deep dish pizza on occasion, but I'm typically a thin crust (although not the cracker type) or hand tossed type of pizza person. A local place here has a small pizza and also a nice greek salad, so that's often what I get when I'm ordering take out or delivery, although sometimes I'll get their cheeseburger or meatball subs, because those are also fantastic.

I like cornmeal on the bottom of my pizzas, it gives them a nice taste. Flour is o.k., but cornmeal is better. I was using up the last of my leftovers, so still haven't made my pizza yet, but I might do so tonight or tomorrow.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Seafood pizza. Shrimp, shrimp, and more shrimp. :)

6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

My favorite pizza is one with extra cheese and vegetables. However, no green peppers as they taste too strong and no olives as they do not taste good (at least to me). Depending in my mood that day, I may order a thick crust or a thin one. And if I haven't had a mexican food fix in a while I will add jalepeno's. YUM!

7. LineliaTunia

LineliaTunia Guest

Pizza with extra cheese and anchovies. Also green peppers, onions, and garlic.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sausage and pepperoni; onions and green peppers, although not a lot of either; maybe a sprinkling of jalapeƱo; cheese, of course; and I like to have more tomato than seems to be the norm these days. If it doesn't cost extra, I'll add mushrooms but they don't add much to the taste so I won't pay extra for them. Never anything that ever swam in the water or even thought about swimming in the water.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I love extra cheese, extra pepperoni, black olives and green bell peppers on my pizza please. We always eat the frozen french bread pizza at home and I put extra cheese, extra pepperoni and if I've black olives and green peppers those too. Pizza is good either way deep dish or thin crust. Love pizza for anytime of day or night too!

10. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

For pizza topping, I guess it is pepperoni or ground beef. I don't like white onions but my husband loves it.

We used to make the so called pizza roll. The base for the crust is the slice bread which we flatten using a rolling pin. And then we paint it with tomato paste before placing the ham which is as large as the slice of bread. Added are a strip of green bell pepper and a stick of cheese. We then would roll it like a spring roll before frying in a pan. It is cooked when brown and eaten like a pizza with hot sauce. I wonder why we haven't been doing that for a long time. Maybe I have to remind my husband.

11. Julie Stewart

Julie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

Grilled vegetables - by preference : red, green and yellow peppers, aubergines (eggplants), courgettes (zucchinis), mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts with mozzarella cheese or halumi.